Repainting articulators

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a few Hanau semi adjustables that were once black but over the years have been stripped back to metal in a lot of areas from plaster knives :)

Just wondering if anyone has gone through the hassle of having them repainted, if so what have you used that looked quite good.

I was actually thinking it would be kinda of cool to get one chrome plated lol for the more "special" cases

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
I would think it would be cheaper to buy new than go through the hassle of painting them but send us a pic if you chrome plate that would be something to see.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Powder coating seems to be the way to go. Will look into both options and see what the cost comes out at

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Go with the powder coating option. I think it has a stronger bond.
I'm a car nut and if the hoons want to change wheel colour, powdercoating is the way to go

O

oldretread

Reaction score
Best way I found for small metal parts is to use "Easy Off " oven cleaner as your stripper. Gentler than most commercial paint strippers. Paint on with a brush, staying away from unpainted areas. Small sections at a time. After about 10 minutes, use your steamer to remove loosened paint. Two careful applications should get the job done.
Good ventilation of course. I used an airbrush to repaint. This was when I was starting out on the plaster table and the boss wanted to "give me a break". The airbrush came from home. Bought a pint of black auto primer + pint of reducer (thinner) from local body shop. Did about 20 over a 3-4 week time while "taking a break" from the plaster table.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Hey 2thbob, A hoon is aussie slang fo,r I guess you can call them, boy racers. Driving like idiots on the road and racing around on the streets. They give car enthusiasts a bad name.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Here they are simply called "Memphians".

Top Bottom