Question for labs receiving itero scans

C

cheesebits

Reaction score
I'm a new dental graduate and work in a practice with an Itero scanner, unlike cerec, drawing the margin on the crown is an optional prior to sending.

My question: when you receive a itero scan (from align?) , does the lab see where i've drawn the margin?

Thanks!

Z

ztech

Reaction score
If the provider draws the margin, it has a note attached to indicate this. The margin line will always be drawn by either provider, Itero, and can be modified by the lab tech if they have that level of Itero access.

C

cheesebits

Reaction score
If the provider draws the margin, it has a note attached to indicate this. The margin line will always be drawn by either provider, Itero, and can be modified by the lab tech if they have that level of Itero access.
When you say level of itero access, do you mean that itero (align?) charges the lab differently based on what they can access?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
When you say level of itero access, do you mean that itero (align?) charges the lab differently based on what they can access?
Yes, they have 3 levels of access. With this comes different access and different discounts for products that you may need. I am a Tier 3 (most features) lab. I download scans for free, get discounts on models ordered and can change any margin before the model is fabricate. The mid Tier lets you download scans for a price, but (if I'm not mistaken) you can't change the margin and you get a lesser discount for models. The lowest Tier allows you to receive the milled Itero models from a dentist.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I wanted to add one thing. If you have and Itero account that does a fair amount of work, the upgrade to top tier will pay for itself in a few months. If you have a mill and have a digital workflow, the mid Tier or higher would pay for itself in months. If you only do analog, the lowest Tier is fine. Another thing about the lower Tier, the submitting dentist pays for the models at that Tier. All others you would pay.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
what is the best way to down load itero scans in the lab?
we are running into issue where itero says cases are downloaded but they are not

we currently still have case manager set up- should we delete ?

we get roughly 30/40 scans per day

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
what is the best way to down load itero scans in the lab?
we are running into issue where itero says cases are downloaded but they are not

we currently still have case manager set up- should we delete ?

we get roughly 30/40 scans per day
Did your issue with downloading get resolved? I use the Itero dashboard. I click on the case and it prompts to see Rx, download scan, print Rx, or view scan. Occasionally the dashboard won't connect for a few minutes, but I haven't had any problems downloading..... except that one time where windows was set up to block multiple downloads. I allowed that it and all was good.

Top Bottom