Question about mounting overdenture bars

CAMJAMMER

CAMJAMMER

Reaction score
Hello,
My question is about the attachment hardware used with a metal overdenture bar. I have a bar .stl file that I did not design, I am milling it in titanium. It appears to me that the mounting points and screw counterbores are designed to match some standard components? I would like to obtain the CAD. info for these components, so that I could make gages to check the fit of these features before removing the part from the machine. Does this make sense? How standardized are these components? Is the CAD info available from the manufacturers?

Thanks for your help.
Jeff

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
like zest anchors or something? what cad was used to design it?

CAMJAMMER

CAMJAMMER

Reaction score
I believe it was Exocad, the file was given to me as a sample to prove out my milling process.
There is also a text file which seems to call out a specific part "Biomet 3i Certain : b3i_c_4.1" and its coordinates.
This I believe would call a subroutine at that location. The G code was created with Sum3D for a 5 axis mill. I reprogrammed it for a 3 axis, but could not use the text info. I am wondering on the desgn side, what determines how a bar will be mounted, and if thre are libraries of standard components?

Top Bottom