processing denture teeth to implant bar

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
I am getting ready to set teeth and process acrylic on a implant bar retained with screws. First timer for this....... question is. How do I process the bar and keep acrylic out of the screw holes? Thanks, Todd

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
I use matrix putty, but you can take a small piece of toliet paper, wet it and stuff in the screw holes and then with a little plaster dab the top of the hole to seal.. Hope that helps..

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
You also can block out the bar duplicate the master and process on a duplicate.

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
I use the matrix/lab putty. Works well, you can also use it to block out any undercuts that are a problem. If you have a masking material ie. Tru-Paque by Geo Taub; I use it to mask the framework, this helps with the acrylic shade. Unlike an RPD frame you can't contour the frame and if the acrylic isn't thick enough it will show grey. Good luck

C

crivasCDT

Reaction score
Ropak UV light curing opaquer from Bredent works really well to mask out metallic colors from showing through acrylic. It works on overcastings, RPD's and any hybrid framework designs. Plus, it blends in with almost any pink acrylic due to its matte pink color. Ropak becomes almost invisible even under pink acrylic that has up to 0.3mm of thickness.
XPdent - Ropak Light Curing Pink Opaquer