Procera Bar/ Overdenture

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I posted this over on DentalTown but thought I would share it with you guys here. Pictures suck can't get the field of view right. We purchased a ring flash and expensive macro lens and I have yet to figure either of them out.

Tough Immd. case with horrible angle and limited space via tough class 2 relation. I was not involved prior to the fixtures being placed but my ability to hail mary got me this case. Let me know what you think.

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_Bar_20Overdenture_Bar.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_Bar_20Overdenture_Barside.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_Bar_20Overdenture_Occ.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_Bar_20Overdenture_Facial.jpg
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_Bar_20Overdenture_Bar.jpg ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_Bar_20Overdenture_Barside.jpg ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_Bar_20Overdenture_Occ.jpg ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc285_Ziconia_Bar_20Overdenture_Facial.jpg

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Nice work as usual John! How did you make the over casting?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The overcasting is sweet!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Overcasting is Bego's Wironium metal waxed to a refractory made from their investment via a silicone duplication of the bar with the yellow locator processing males in place.

There was Zero room on this case to try and pic up the housings so we came up with this solution. Its a 2/4 degree milled bar that has a glove like fit to the over casting. The trick is knowing your investment and the expansion or you will end up with a pretty frame with attachments that will not seat.

Thanks for the compliments.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Nice case John.
Increase the F stop or the F number to increase the field of view.
The lower the f # the blurrier the back ground is. Around 20 is a good #.
The higher you make the F # often the darker your pic is so you may need to adjust your flash. The flash goes + or - in increments of 1/3 from -3 to +3.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Niice result with the case John. Do you find you get more stability using 3 rather than 4 locators in sutuations like this?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thanks Al for the tips I need to play with the the set up and learn how to change the setting in M instead of AF.

Troy the case was requested with a milled bar with a friction fit overcasting. Given this particular case and design it will be exceedingly difficult to disengage the denture from the bar with the clear attachments.

I anticipate the dr popping in the blues after the patient returns complaining that she can't get it out.

Thanks for the kind words.