Problem press small stump

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
As you can see I had two failures trying to press on straumann analog.You usually used special attentions? Or is it a problem of weak investment'

Attachments

• IMG_3414.JPG
    IMG_3414.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 85
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Drill a hole in the side of your wax-up (yes, i stated that correctly) before you invest. Then when you're crowns press (and they will) just fill it with some add-on or bake it in. It's that way or this way, use GC ceramic pins/posts and place them inside your wax-up during investing...make sure you have already placed some investment on the ceramic pins and let it harden up before placing them in your wax-up during investing if you decide to go this route.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Are you using gc pattern resin for coping, before waxing up to full contour and using rapid burnout?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I use 2 12ga. sprues- one to each cusp allowing the ceramic to flow around the investment without the pressure on it, tilt the margin out as w/ any other emax pressing maintaining smooth flow. This almost exactly copies the double-sprue ucla method.

upload_2015-3-6_8-24-47.jpeg

Attachments

• sprue.jpg
    sprue.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 65
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
LabGuy has the right idea. You just need to place support inside while investing to strengthen your
"investment prep" in your waxup. There is something about the lack of taper on implants that cause this issue.
You can use a ceramic dowel pin, wire from a sagger tray , or as our resident IVO guy Patrick said ortho wire. Just place it in your waxup while investing. Double check the length before hand so it's not too long. It will give you the reinforcement needed to press. One sprue will work.
image.jpg

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
then I used together the method of the double-pin and the metal reinforcement wire.
Guaranteed results !
Thanks to everyone for the tips