Printing models in house

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I am starting to get enough digital cases in where I am considering taking production of models in house. I get Itero and now a few clients will be sending me 3M scans with the occasional cerec. I am not familiar with importing these to an in house printer. Can someone help me understand the process on each? Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you will need to convert the scans to have thickness. this requires the use of a model building program such as provided by 3shape or as an addon to exocad. this allows you to punch dies or make solids, with special articulators or vertex cups.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Thanks, I am talking to my tech and he is going to do more digging into to it with 3shape, itero and 3m.

A

Andrew Singer

Reaction score
with new 3Shape Dental System 2016 you can import PlanScan and 3M True Definition scans and use them for designing models in Model Builder™ also Sirona scans (3se files)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
with new 3Shape Dental System 2016 you can import PlanScan and 3M True Definition scans and use them for designing models in Model Builder™ also Sirona scans (3se files)

Do you need the all scans module for this?

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Do you need the all scans module for this?
Yes you will need the all scan model builder to design those models.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

You can import any type of IOS now with 14/15 as well, as long as you have the "All Scans Module". The 3Se Sirona files

were able to be imported into 3Shape in the 15 software with the Model Builder 3rd Party module for scans.

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score
I am starting to get enough digital cases in where I am considering taking production of models in house. I get Itero and now a few clients will be sending me 3M scans with the occasional cerec. I am not familiar with importing these to an in house printer. Can someone help me understand the process on each? Thanks

Just an idea. The Roland DWX-51D and Amann Girrbach Motion 2 can both mill models. If you were to purchase either one of these products you could use the mill to produce models and other products. Having a piece of equipment with different capabilities maximizes your ROI till Intraoral scanner sales pick up. Once the client base for IOS is sufficient then a printer can pay for itself. I seen all the numbers on ROI for printing and it just doesn't add up if your not a large lab.