Printed model accuracy. What to expect?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Marcus.

I have only one doctor that had a trios, our workflorw is as follows.

Design ONLY on the digital scan.
Occlusal .30 out
Contacts -.03 then quickly swipe over with the + wax knife.
Cement gaps crowns 0.02 and 0.06 and inlays 0.03 and 0.07.

Design models and have Argen print them. Crown drop right in the mouth, perfect contacts after glaze. Only had a few remake at the beginning due to finding the right setting.

Scanned a printed model once cause the Dr's digital bit was off, out of the 14 units in the case all but three just dropped right in the other 11 were tight and the dr had to do some adjusting on the internal surface of the crowns. When he called and told me that I told him we had to scan and design on the printed model and that we don't know if it will be tight or loose due to the inaccuracy of the printed models tolerance. Since then everything has been smooth sailing. We only do Emax and Full Zr crowns, and if we do layered they will only be Zr facing crowns.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hey guys how much are the models from Argen? Are the models with removable dies just ask accurate as the solid ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$8.00 per quad so $16,00 working quad model. Model are made as per the stl files you send them. If you send them a solid unsectioned model then no, the die is not removable. It all depends on the files you send them. Yes they are pretty solid and will work as a solid and working model. You have the option to change the die to model tolerance in 3shape model builder, their default is pretty snug and the die moves only up and down no wiggle at all.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
That's really too bad but at least they didn't throw out the crowns with them!
BTW... Where are you buying the 3shape articulators for $150? I've only seen them for $200. $210 at Core3D.
$150 at Core3D, maybe the price went up?

Top Bottom