Pressed Veneers Fall off of my Model !!!

Steve Killian CDT

Steve Killian CDT

Reaction score
Anybody,
How do you keep your pressed veneers from falling off of the model especially while you are grinding proximal contacts and you need to hold all 6 to 8 in place while you view and adjust contacts, line angles and proximal contours. Also how do you hold them on while stacking the micro layered incisal on all 8 at the same time? One on my best ceramists is frustrated as hell and won't be comforted by me and my suggestions to use clear/white boxing wax at the labial gingival or Sundance Dental Sta-Put ( booggers in a syringe) on he inside. What else can I suggest? Super glue? Ha ha
Steve Killian

R

robcat

Reaction score
KY Jelly. I use it on all my cases, not just veneers. I keep it in an old glass porcelain jar and take just a bit out with a carving blade; enough that it holds the restoration securely in place, but not so much that it squirts onto any porcelain receiving areas. If that happens, I wipe it off with a wet brush. I use it to keep my PFZ's on the die from build-up through condensing.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I have been using good old chap stick. Just swipe a little on the die and seat veneer,crown or whatever holds it in place burns out clean during firing.

K

KMoft CDT

Reaction score
I just use a little Red (rope) boxing wax on the die, or glue stick, while grinding/polishing.(Keeps you from launching those veneers across the room at 20,000 RPM),Just a little dot at gingival if building. It's strange he wont try your ideas.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Had been using vaseline, but will try glue stick! Thanks wwcanoer!

Steve Killian CDT

Steve Killian CDT

Reaction score
Great suggestions...all. I will share with her. Thanks a Million!!!

Steve

G

Gav

Reaction score
Anaxdent has a product called holding gel or an old Italian solution is to use a bit of honey.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I use hair gel, works great.

Badgerdental

Badgerdental

Reaction score
Smileline product - Holding Gel, water based, burns off clean

I

Ivan

Reaction score
I use Elmers washable school glue Gel. It's transparent blue. Works great.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
How many of your suggestions work consistently well with the low firing temp for eMax Ceram layering porcelain? I've had mixed results with some of the above materials.....if all elements don't burn out completely, it results in nasty grey on surface of porcelain.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
How many of your suggestions work consistently well with the low firing temp for eMax Ceram layering porcelain? I've had mixed results with some of the above materials.....if all elements don't burn out completely, it results in nasty grey on surface of porcelain.

Same here bobby Orr. I usually apply a very small amount of basic chapstick. So far so good with Emax.

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
Do you guys reuse of old porcelain that was on the plate? that some times leave a gray lining on the margin. i never had problem with KY and even water base gel.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Honey works very well and cleans too easy.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"How many of your suggestions work consistently well with the low firing temp for eMax Ceram layering porcelain? I've had mixed results with some of the above materials.....if all elements don't burn out completely, it results in nasty grey on surface of porcelain."

Yep vaseline will do that if you use to much, its a minor problem for me.

glue stick / uhu glue you will get build up on the die surface over the course of the case which can stop things seating properly, didnt like that.

might give some of the other suggestions here a try.

Top Bottom