Prep Reduction Guide for Doctor for Full Arch Maxillary

T

TMLab

Reaction score
Dr. will be prepping all 14 maxillary teeth and would like a prep reduction guide. Does anyone have any ideas or photos on how to provide an effective one?

Thanks in advance.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
8581464352_87ac7ed07c_b.jpg

This how my doctor likes his prep guides, a little different than the usual, but its what helps him.

I would suggest your doctor leave a couple posterior teeth before he hacks the entire arch, :)
Unless he is real good... I hope he preps one side of the arch and takes a bite before prepping the other side of the arch...

T

TMLab

Reaction score
Thanks for the photo. It seems either way, I'll have to have the doctor leave a couple teeth unprepped for it to be an accurate reduction guide.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for the photo. It seems either way, I'll have to have the doctor leave a couple teeth unprepped for it to be an accurate reduction guide.
Not on the Maxillary arch, you have a pallet the doctor can use to hold the guide in proper position.

Its just important that the doctor records bite registrations during reduction while there are still posterior teeth left. If the doctor preps the entire arch and then proceeds to take a bite registration, everything is lost.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Dr. will be prepping all 14 maxillary teeth and would like a prep reduction guide. Does anyone have any ideas or photos on how to provide an effective one?

Thanks in advance.
I think it is a good idea to leave the most distal teeth to last step for bite registration and occlusal reduction. And use depth designed reduction burs.

Top Bottom