Polishing Paste

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I'm looking for a technique to knock the shine down on my glazed crowns, Turn the finish into a low luster. Paste, Pumas ? Any thoughts ? Thanks

stonefly

stonefly

Reaction score
After glaze try a Brassler Dialite HP feather lite Pink pre polish wheel it has little fingers it's not a solid wheel and knocks down the shine and will not take away your texture.

C

charles007

Reaction score
White rubber wheels helps some to dull the finish..
Start using diamonds tools on the surface for a more natural finish before glazing which is the norm for me. Top off after glazing with wheels and diamond paste
On crowns you want higher luster, smooth with green stones, emax/zir tools, and or use glaze powder/paste and finish off with diamond paste.
fyi: Don't ever depend strictly using higher glaze temp to control glaze,,,, If you do, you may round, over glaze off your porcelain surface....

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm looking for a technique to knock the shine down on my glazed crowns, Turn the finish into a low luster. Paste, Pumas ? Any thoughts ? Thanks
Have you tried a mixture of medium pumice and ALO2 50 micron mixed with water and a felt wheel?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.