Podcast

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Well, here we go....
I have been debating wether to do a ortho tech podcast or not. I have finally decided to take the plunge. One of my reasons for not wanting to do it was because I didnt want to start it then fade away after a few months, leaving the 1 or 2 subscribers I have high and dry.

But since the re-launch of my website RetainerDesigner.com, ( I will cover this in another thread after I work out some of the bugs:D ) I decided to tie the two together. I started a blog about the site at DesignerRetainer.com so that doctors and lab can see the news and what not for the site. I added to the podcast to the blog because I can easily host it there using the servers for the blog.

The podcast is called the "Ortho Wire Podcast" and you can find it here.

iTunes link:
Ortho Wire Podcast - Download free podcast episodes by Cade Tippett, BS, CDT on iTunes.

RSS feed:
feed://www.designerretainer.com/ortho-wire-podcast/rss.xml

Link:
RetainerDesigner.com Blog - Ortho Wire Podcast

Please be gentle in your reviews of it. I am new at this and hope to get a lot better as more episodes come out. Right now I am working thru a back stock of videos I have collected over the last few years and learning how to edit them together. Learning to do a voice over on top of all the noise in the lab, which I hate! Because I dont like the sound of my recorded voice!:eek: I never realize how bad my accent was until I hear my self on these videos. Stupid Texas accent!:mad:
Please forgive my amature attempt at these. but it is a start. I hope not only to have technical 'How To' videos, but also have tips tricks and reviews of products.
I would also like to include the community here at DLN I would love to have viewer submitted videos of your own tips, tricks and reviews. Possibly even as a response to mine. you can send links to your videos to [email protected]
I hope this podcast become a big asset to our labs!

I will try to do a podcast each week, but it will depend on how busy I am in the lab!
I choose the podcast format mainly because I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks while I work. With iTunes it downloads all my podcast to my computer in the background and they are ready to go in the morning.

Hope to get a lot of constructive criticism from you guys!

S

stevenson

Reaction score
If you plan to podcast alone you can skip this one, but for my money the best podcasts are conversations.....

R

rosarioortholab

Reaction score
Your accent adds a certain charm to the podcast. With the voiceover you can explain what your doing as opposed to the music podcast. Keep it up great job !!

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
If you plan to podcast alone you can skip this one, but for my money the best podcasts are conversations.....

I couldn't agree more about the conversations. Besides lab conventions face to face conversations are few and far between. There are great conversations here on this board. I hope to include these into the podcast as much as possible with viewer submissions, tips, tricks and more.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Your accent adds a certain charm to the podcast. With the voiceover you can explain what your doing as opposed to the music podcast. Keep it up great job !!

Good point about the music podcast, that was just to test the feed and make sure it works. Anyways thanks for the vote of confidence on the voice over!

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Cade why this video format? It's too large
Great job!

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Cade why this video format? It's too large
Great job!

The file size is too large? or is the picture to large?
I try to save in a higher quality to show as much detail as possible.

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
I meant file size, it's like 400mb. You could lower it to less than 100 and maintain similar quality.