PFZ vs. FCZ price

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I am about to overhaul my price list and was wondering what is the %wize difference you guys charge for full contour Zr. vs. fully and partially layered Zr. crowns.
Thank you for your input!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Keep in mind layered porcelain is quickly becoming obsolete with the new generation of zirconia's & LD. Single unit FCZ is growing as fast as did emax
years ago. In my opinion, well designed FCZ should not be our low cost crown, period ! For the lab that wants to compete with GW..$99.00 fcz, have at it,
and remember your only as good as your lab crown when your competing with other low cost crowns. ;)

If your using the best materials and techniques, these restorations can look superior to most pfms in average to above average labs. Plus there almost impossible to break. There should be some sort of added value in your pricing on restorations that are almost indestructible that compete with layered anything/pfm-PFZ.

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Its a slippery slope....as the material gets better, it is getting easier for those "in-house" drs to start producing better looking/fitting crowns.
Often the Artistry/Porcelin was easily the defining factor to send out of the office.

Yes we can produce great looking crowns if designed well,,,,but remember they can too.

My point? not exactly sure!

But I do find myself doing a lot of thinking lately,,,,,,,

Speaking single FC's ofcourse,,,,

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
This thread should get interesting
:pop:

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
What I charged, was for a fully layered Zr crown before FCZs became the norm. Now if adding porcelain is needed it would be only on the buccal or tissue porcelain. So I am not sure how much more to charge for that over a FCZ.

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
I have a lot of labs in a similar position, facial cutback is becoming more popular.

Some labs will often charge a "full unit" of porcelain and sell it as a "hybrid"

Also very curious of how these types of crowns are being charged?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
My pricing for all restorations is based on concrete facts. Material+equipment recuperation+labor=price. Labor is where I charge for what I know and my experience. Each new product becomes a simple math problem that reduces my price to those components. Yes I charge more for layered zirconia, I spend more time doing those units.

CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Reaction score
Keep in mind layered porcelain is quickly becoming obsolete with the new generation of zirconia's & LD. QUOTE]

I believe that statement to be hogwash. If you buy into such a mindset, you're only following marketing bs.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I am certainly using less porcelain than I used to. I was in an office yesterday on a case consult, and one of the Doctors commented on a case, 8&9 she seated last week...'Oh my. They were unreal. Perfect'. I used some nice Zr with barely a few grains of clear porcelain. Materials have increased in quality. Its not just marketing BS.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I am certainly using less porcelain than I used to. I was in an office yesterday on a case consult, and one of the Doctors commented on a case, 8&9 she seated last week...'Oh my. They were unreal. Perfect'. I used some nice Zr with barely a few grains of clear porcelain. Materials have increased in quality. Its not just marketing BS.

I would add the 'Multi' ingots for E.max. Especially for cases restoring 6-11. I have done a few cases, where I did not layer at all. And I'd venture to say that multi e.max is more esthetic than many 'anterior' Zirconias out there. Plus, it can (actually must) be bonded in.
If you mill the wax patterns in wax, you save yourself a big deal in waxing-up the case.

C

CKRDL

Reaction score
I would add the 'Multi' ingots for E.max. Especially for cases restoring 6-11. I have done a few cases, where I did not layer at all. And I'd venture to say that multi e.max is more esthetic than many 'anterior' Zirconias out there. Plus, it can (actually must) be bonded in.
If you mill the wax patterns in wax, you save yourself a big deal in waxing-up the case.
I too have used the multi on a 6-11 case. Nothing to do but polish and sell. Used the 3shape DPD software to mill AND sprue the units, which fit directly into the sprue former. Standard Pressvest Speed processing. Super fast, super easy, super esthetic! COGS - Model $5, Scan $10, Design $25, Milled wax with sprue attached $6, Invest 2-200 gr rings - $8, e.max Multi Ingot cost $56.32, Devest/cut off $5, Finisher $40. Total $155, sales price for 6 LAYERED e.max units $750, 79% profit margin. Pretty easy too!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I too have used the multi on a 6-11 case. Nothing to do but polish and sell. Used the 3shape DPD software to mill AND sprue the units, which fit directly into the sprue former. Standard Pressvest Speed processing. Super fast, super easy, super esthetic! COGS - Model $5, Scan $10, Design $25, Milled wax with sprue attached $6, Invest 2-200 gr rings - $8, e.max Multi Ingot cost $56.32, Devest/cut off $5, Finisher $40. Total $155, sales price for 6 LAYERED e.max units $750, 79% profit margin. Pretty easy too!
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!