PFM Bridge With Aged Characteristics

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
This went in this morning.

Woman in her early 70s.
#6-8 pfm bridge. #7 was extracted 4 weeks ago.

I really love making crown and bridge for elder patients!

I usually err on the light side, it is so easy to darken up but a redo if it is too dark.

The patient usually tells me to make it lighter in case they ever need any more crowns.

I need to figure a way to build tarter on the crowns to match the rest of her teeth.:(

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_a.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_b.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_c.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_d.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_a.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_b.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_c.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_d.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e.jpg

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Great work Al, love the surface texture you put in your crowns. Get that patient in bleaching trays and it will match better...... Its amazing how patients are so happy with a case when its lightly lighter and they don't want it darkened to match.....
Give that doc a free bee veneer on the central,, na, just kidding....... Hey, that is your creative texture on the facial instead of spit!!

Give the office your charting diagram,color notes used, in case the patient ever decides to restore other teeth in the distant future....

Extremely nice work on a impossible shade to match.......

Charles

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Charles I think that must be spit on the M incisal of 8 it looks like vaseline though.
I dont have the nerve to wipe or blow off the patients teeth. I feel like I am intruding as it is.

I hang around while they seat it then I tell the patient how beautiful it is, you cant even tell they are crowns. Please would you be so kind to let me take some pics. I promise I wont get your face in the pic.
When I brag on them a little the are proud to let me take the pics.

I tell the Drs I need them to improve so I can make their next case better and that makes them more than willing to give me the time.

Some of these pics I see look like they are staged. Like they wipe everything down and rib oil on the tissue. They are so perfect.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Must seem like a breath of fresh air not to have to stack 'em American Standard. Nice work.

C

charles007

Reaction score
kcdc
Don't think the bleaching shades have hit the country streets where Al lives yet.
Think Al lives near Chewing Tobacco Road, and its not in NC.....

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi Al,

Great work and photos, your clients don't deserve you. That tissue looks like crap, who ever is making the temps should be fired!

Surface texture is a home run.

Did they ask you to design the bridge to accommodate a future partial ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We're not worthy!

All Dentists must bow to the master, Al. Kiss his feet.

awww.intersectionofonlineandoffline.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_were_not_worthy.jpg
awww.intersectionofonlineandoffline.com_wp_content_uploads_2009_04_were_not_worthy.jpg

D

dentcre

Reaction score
what porcelain you used AL?

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Very nice!
Patient really needs her teeth cleaned though. Those lowers are awfull.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
what porcelain you used AL?

Hi dentcre,

I dont have experence with alot of different ceramic systems.
I have only used 3 in my carrier.

I started with ceramco when I was just starting out but I used W1 which has 30% silver and I got a ton of discoloration so I switched to Williams, WillCeram and used it for a loooooong time. Ivoclar bought out Williams and when they came out with Inline they discontinued WillCeram. So I was forced to switch.
I have been very happy with Inline. Mostly what I wanted was a complete kit and they had it with every color and modifier and translucency level I needed and they have a shade tab for every porc they make.

But like I said I havnt tried other brands so there may be others better, but I think it is more important how you manipulate what you have then the brand.

Here is a bridge I did last week using 3 different incisal powders, 2 different body powders , 1 ging porc and 2 different opaque colors. But it is a base shade of A1.
The patient canceled so it isnt going in till the 30th but Ill take pics of it in the mouth. Thats all that really counts, how it looks seated.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i5.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_i5.jpg

C

charles007

Reaction score
Really nice stuff with the multicolors !!! This puts emax to shame, OR does it with the HT or LT......
Would love to see another over head picture looking down the incisal with a view of the facial . How many bakes to achieve this kind of layering? Did you hand polish after glazing....
Sweet !!!!!!!

D

dentcre

Reaction score
they look real good Al.
im using ceramco 3 for along time , I like the handling of it, but the shades are not very natural,and lack vitality so im
trying out d.sign, though I heard its a little technique sensitive,,

Im wondering about inline if its more user friendly like ceramco.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Really nice stuff with the multicolors !!! This puts emax to shame, OR does it with the HT or LT......
Would love to see another over head picture looking down the incisal with a view of the facial . How many bakes to achieve this kind of layering? Did you hand polish after glazing....
Sweet !!!!!!!
Emax shines in the mouth in your hand or on the model they dont always look great.
I think 3 bakes and a small 4th, I hate to add on during the glaze bake.
Mostly my bakes are to get the contours exact because I can NOT
grind in contours and embrasures or seperation on lower anteriors or the incisal edge contours or the overlapping. Adding the different porc's isnt a big deal.

OE1 (Opal Effect) on the distals and a bit down the D line angles.
OE1 is very clear but it dosnt greay it out as quick as clear does.

A little cervical porc on the gin and interprox with some A2 on top to keep that terrible high value off the gin margin area and the embrasures. The rest is A1 and its matching incisal.
My 2nd bake I added some OE 3 which is a high value incisal whith some white in it. I add that on the line angles and the height of contours so the teeth dont look flat or too long, also I added it on the incisal edges that shrank back too much.
The opaque is A1 and A2 at the gin and maybe A3 interproximal I dont remember.

The third bake it all the little pissant spots and height of contours and line angles I missed.

Your framework has to be exact with your connections toward the lingual.
Notice you can see my framework from the lingual and notice how I got into the opaque on the MIL of the cuspid.
Also did anybody notice the bubble on the lingual of the incisal edge embrasure?

#1 thing with lower ant bridges is do not grind. Build them, no matter how long it takes you.

OH I have to add I always do a light dentin bake so the bridge isnt stressed with a big bake and shrinkage and so I can get a good bond on the interproximal of the frame.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Al, are you using the very thin sintered diamond seperating disks from brasseler?

I'm sure you know all about that magical device.

The BEST at slicing and dicing. Even better than the patented slap-chop