Over build of Milled Crowns & Bridges

F

Francis1901

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm using a 3Shape D900 Scanner and imes-icore Coritec 450i Milling machine. I have made a wet milling a few weeks ago after that I cleaned the milling machine. And I noticed that the sharp corners of the tool holders inside are getting moist for some reason. I found out that there is a stocked water inside the box-like tool holder. I removed it and the water-oil mixture for wet milling flows out. I did the same to the holder with the tool sensor. And when I put it back the machine won't be able to measure or calculate any tools. I tried to lift the sensor a bit then it suddenly accepts the positioning of each tools. Then I run a calibration and it was fine. Now all of the crowns that I milled are having extra thickness on Mesial, Distal, Facial, Lingual and even Occlusal. But the margins are still fine and precise. Do you think that there is something wrong with the CAM file? Or is it affected because I touched the tool sensor?

Thank you for all of the ideas in advance!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm using a 3Shape D900 Scanner and imes-icore Coritec 450i Milling machine. I have made a wet milling a few weeks ago after that I cleaned the milling machine. And I noticed that the sharp corners of the tool holders inside are getting moist for some reason. I found out that there is a stocked water inside the box-like tool holder. I removed it and the water-oil mixture for wet milling flows out. I did the same to the holder with the tool sensor. And when I put it back the machine won't be able to measure or calculate any tools. I tried to lift the sensor a bit then it suddenly accepts the positioning of each tools. Then I run a calibration and it was fine. Now all of the crowns that I milled are having extra thickness on Mesial, Distal, Facial, Lingual and even Occlusal. But the margins are still fine and precise. Do you think that there is something wrong with the CAM file? Or is it affected because I touched the tool sensor?

Thank you for all of the ideas in advance!

If i understand it right you remove all the brain like tool sensor tool holder and put them after cleaning back into the mill ????

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
If your margins are good and the fit is right , it sounds like your z axis is off on occlussal side finishing. You may need to recalibrate the machine so that you can reset what it considers the center of the work piece.

I do not know how to do this on an imes. Hopefully someone on here does or can help from your reseller.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i don't know either but there should be a global co-ordinate measuring system within your imes control panel, to let you offset the nc code values.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You're going to have to contact your re-seller and they can walk you through a new tool offset calibration.

You're going to have to re-home all of the tools and it takes some time. Had to do it last week.

Future Reference: There is a set screw on the block tool holder for each tool holder. Loosen them and

pull the tool/tool holder out to clean down inside hole in the block. Re-insert the tool/tool holder back

into the proper tool position and tighten the set screw back. This is the best way of getting down into

the tool area without screwing everything up. I would suggest cleaning one at a time as not to confuse

yourself on which tool goes where.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
i don't know either but there should be a global co-ordinate measuring system within your imes control panel, to let you offset the nc code values.

CHL....most re-sellers hide this option. I believe you have to have an Imes-Icore registered

tech to be able to do this type of calibration.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
mmh. well it exists anyway, so that's a good thing.