Origin Milling Strategies

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
For those out there that have Origin milling machines and have been having issues with milling hybrid implant abutments I found a strategy that works great.

After going round and round with B&D on the milling strategy for hybrid abutments I figured it out. I use to have issues with the fits, they were all either to tight to go over the platform base, or they spun on the platform base! I have been experimenting on my own and came across a strategy that fits like a freaking glove.

The strategy is the (1,2,3) Full Contour strategy. I milled several screw Retianed FCZ crowns today and ran them threw the quick sintering cycle to check the fit, well they came out great. Where before when trying to mill a screw retained crown it would mill the base but not the screw access hole. This strategy mills everything perfect.

I test milled a couple hybrid abutments and same thing they are perfect. So with this strategy I can mill all my copings, full contour, screw retained crowns, and hybrid abutments with the same strategy and in all the same blank at the same time.

I called Jesse at B&D and he copied my milling strategy and is running some test as well, so hopefully it works on their end as well. He is going to call me back tomorrow, and let me know how it goes.

Top Bottom