Origin Desktop 500

C

charles007

Reaction score
Having to fit zir crowns.. who does that....Hmm, that sounds like the lab is using the Craplab Desposable tabletop. :p

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Honestly, I think we have all got to know each other really well on here over time. I think it would be really nice of all of you to pitch in and buy me a roeders mill for Christmas. :)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think we have all got to know each other really well on here over time. I think it would be really nice of all of you to pitch in and buy me a roeders mill for Christmas. :)

I think I just became Muslim :D

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
thats great to hear Jason, no wonder your happy then.

what materials is that with?

If roeders cant come up with the goods then theres not much else that will.

This is where you might run into problems buying a small benchtop lab mill though, Youve been spoilt by the quality that unit is putting out.

Is it fair to say you'd be taking a step back in quality from any bench top mill you buy??

Paul,
I think they are using a material manufactured by ivoclar? Called zirlux? I think...
It is pre shaded in 5 different colors and values. I was hoping the smaller and less expensive desktops would only be giving up speed but it may accuracy as well. Seriously, I absolutely do not have to touch the units I get off Diadems Roeders mill. I would also like to give some credit to my scanner(Origins Intelligence) and the design software(Exocad). I think with a quality white light system coupled with Exocad and a company like Diadem you can't go wrong. I do on occasion have some minor adjusting on Emax CAD. Always a few microscopic areas around the margin that will slightly impinge on the die margin. Pretty quick and I still love the surface and overall esthetics of the CAD finished restoration. I honestly am realizing what I would probably be giving up buying a desktop and milling myself compared to these other companies with much more expensive and accurate machines.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
The right question is how much you buy the part and how much you sell it !

When you buy less than 30 eur and you resell 250 eur, you do not count 1 or 3 minutes ...

When you receive a dental work you do not know exactly the working time because every job is different ....

I work in French handicraftsman , not in the dental industry ...

The amount does not interest me, but the quality yes !

If you have your machine, you control costs and you are independent, if you depend to an industrial dental, it's impossible ...

And as said rkm , the result is as good as DIADEME but cheaper ...

I think it's a good choice .... ;)

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
This is where you might run into problems buying a small benchtop lab mill though, Youve been spoilt by the quality that unit is putting out.

There are plenty of tabletop units under 60k that will get you as good of results in the same amount of time as these humongous industrial units.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Paul,
I think they are using a material manufactured by ivoclar? Called zirlux? I think...
It is pre shaded in 5 different colors and values. I was hoping the smaller and less expensive desktops would only be giving up speed but it may accuracy as well. Seriously, I absolutely do not have to touch the units I get off Diadems Roeders mill. I would also like to give some credit to my scanner(Origins Intelligence) and the design software(Exocad). I think with a quality white light system coupled with Exocad and a company like Diadem you can't go wrong. I do on occasion have some minor adjusting on Emax CAD. Always a few microscopic areas around the margin that will slightly impinge on the die margin. Pretty quick and I still love the surface and overall esthetics of the CAD finished restoration. I honestly am realizing what I would probably be giving up buying a desktop and milling myself compared to these other companies with much more expensive and accurate machines.

hmm... so have you noticed a big difference between origin and diadem?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
hmm... so have you noticed a big difference between origin and diadem?

Well I use origin equipment for scanning and designing and diadem for the actual milling. I did get some FCZ units off of an Origin mill and they were very nice. I am just not sure which mill it was. I also got a couple units back from CAP today. Very high quality fits and color was right on. I think CAP might be using an Origins Mill?? But don't hold me to it.

C

charles007

Reaction score
You need a good mill for sure, but its the secret ?? that make fcz look so nice, or turn into stinky poo poo.
All the damn secret coloring,techniques, cleaning, sintering,, is what separates the crap from the nice looking zirconia..

Bob, your work at CAP has a 5 star rating in my book :)

Top Bottom