Origin 7000 Auto Calibration

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Well we got our auto calibration installed Friday afternoon, it utilizes a touch probe and goes through all the axis to get the best calibration possible. No more having to rely on milling a block and trying to measure it.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Spindle Touch-probes are fun.

I use One also to calibrate my Haas.

Mine is a wireless Renishaw w/Ruby ball. (Looks like yours is Ruby as well?)

Each time I put the probe into spindle, I have to check for concentricity. I use a dial indicator against the ball and rotate. I adjust with Hex-screws on my probe adaptor I had made in CA for my ISO-20 taper tool holder. I make sure the ball is as centered as possible with my measuring equipment.

then....

I calibrate the actualy diameter of the Ruby ball with a master ring guage of known diameter

then....

for the length I use a different table-mounted Renishaw wireless touch-probe and manual dial indicator with master-tool of known length.

To do the above, I run programs to edit or measure the Ruby's diameter and length each time I use it, before I start any actual measuring.

Now, my actual Spindle-probe is fully calibrated, and the real measuring begins!! LOL

What company's probing system did you add? Do you have access to the list of macros to run with it? Did you watch someone calibrate that probe when it got installed?

Here is an example of a ring-guage. It is used as a starting point to measure other things... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etamic-Mode...ultDomain_0&hash=item232ffe58a0#ht_160wt_1362

I bought Two off eBay for myself to use. I tried to get the most accurate I could around 1.5-2" I.D.

I install my probe and manually jog the probe into the ring (mounted onto milling table),then run a program to bounce around inside the ring of known diameter to determine the diameter of the Ruby.

Scotty

Last edited:
ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score

Here is an example of a ring-guage. ..

Same as i have installed touch-probes by customers a while ago (not Renishaw but a similar system called Blum Novotest).
It's definetly a MUST HAVE to have the probe itself calibrated. Blum comes with a ring + calibration macros...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
really really ridiculously good looking

B

bioart

Reaction score
Spindle Touch-probes are fun.

I use One also to calibrate my Haas.

Mine is a wireless Renishaw w/Ruby ball. (Looks like yours is Ruby as well?)

Each time I put the probe into spindle, I have to check for concentricity. I use a dial indicator against the ball and rotate. I adjust with Hex-screws on my probe adaptor I had made in CA for my ISO-20 taper tool holder. I make sure the ball is as centered as possible with my measuring equipment.

then....

I calibrate the actualy diameter of the Ruby ball with a master ring guage of known diameter

then....

for the length I use a different table-mounted Renishaw wireless touch-probe and manual dial indicator with master-tool of known length.

To do the above, I run programs to edit or measure the Ruby's diameter and length each time I use it, before I start any actual measuring.

Now, my actual Spindle-probe is fully calibrated, and the real measuring begins!! LOL

What company's probing system did you add? Do you have access to the list of macros to run with it? Did you watch someone calibrate that probe when it got installed?

Here is an example of a ring-guage. It is used as a starting point to measure other things... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etamic-Mode...ultDomain_0&hash=item232ffe58a0#ht_160wt_1362

I bought Two off eBay for myself to use. I tried to get the most accurate I could around 1.5-2" I.D.

I install my probe and manually jog the probe into the ring (mounted onto milling table),then run a program to bounce around inside the ring of known diameter to determine the diameter of the Ruby.

Scotty
Well we got our auto calibration installed Friday afternoon, it utilizes a touch probe and goes through all the axis to get the best calibration possible. No more having to rely on milling a block and trying to measure it.

Hi Martin I have 2 yenadent Machines that would benefit from this sort of calibration can you share more information on the type of probe and the installation.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
well well well. this looks quite interesting. do I need to contact Origin to get this thing?

B

Ben Booth

Reaction score
I've been working on this upgrade for several years. I'm glad you enjoy it. The probe is very accurate, with the data it collects the user can see the status of all 5 axis and the relationship one to the other. There are a lot of other advanced uses for the data collected. But overall it allows ORIGIN Support staff to more easily and more accurately understand, in extremely fine detail, the relationship of all of the major parts in the machine in real time.

Top Bottom