Occlusal Morphology/ Occlusal Compass

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
This is a great class Russ I really enjoyed it when I came up last year!

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
It has helped me out a lot. When we make our bites to scan in we will go through the functions while the bite is still soft and that helps us out to see where our excursions are. I have made a full size occlusal compass I can hang on my computer screen.

To me it is easier on the computer, I can raise my centric stops as needed and look at it in the right angle and have all the functions cleared with no problem. I really have to rely on the occlusal compass a lot because the virtual articulators in the computer don't work it so good. Or as you would say don't trust any articulators!

I say it's easier on a computer because I don't know if you remember but I am not a waxer lol I struggled, but it was good experience.

Main thing you really stress that we put into effect is to equilabrate, equilabrate, equilabrate. Speaking of equilabrating don't you do a webinar of your equilabration technique? I would like to refresh my pea size brain.

You put on a heck of a course Russ and being so young in the industry I am glad I get to do the things I do by going to classes and meetings all over the country.

Tyler

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
LMAO. "One of the most riveting films of year!" popcorn

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
I want you to know, the September 21-22, 2012 Course has SOLD OUT.

We have added an additional Course on December 7-8, 2012 for those who may be interested. PLEASE NOTE: THE DATE ON THE FILM SHOULD READ DECEMBER 7-8, 2012

December 6-7,2012 on Vimeo

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
could you get a webinar going for the people on the other side of the world russ? the course looks great.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
IMG_8122.jpg IMG_8176.jpg View attachment 3892 IMG_8105.jpg IMG_8122.jpg View attachment 3892 IMG_8105.jpg IMG_8122.jpg

Just completed this Course. Sixteen very talented technicians and dentists!
You may know some of them in the photo's!
Next Course in Durham, NC is December 7-8, 2012
Al Hodges, it was a pleasure to meet you & get to know you!
IMG_8105.jpg IMG_8122.jpg IMG_8176.jpg

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Looks like another great class Russ. I'm going to try and get up there for your anterior class one of these days.

By the way Russ do you have a video on how to properly equilabrate models. I know you really stressed this. We equilabrate, but I need a refresher on how it is properly done.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I watched Russ on a Jensen webinar series earlier this year. He went through his equilibration steps and it makes a tremendous difference in the final crown.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Looks like another great class Russ. I'm going to try and get up there for your anterior class one of these days.

By the way Russ do you have a video on how to properly equilabrate models. I know you really stressed this. We equilabrate, but I need a refresher on how it is properly done.

Hi Tyler,

I will check with Jensen Dental and see if they will bring me back for another webinar Study Club. Better if you call and request! They had me do 2 last year. The Study Club runs with 6 one hour sessions.
Best regards,
Russ

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
I watched Russ on a Jensen webinar series earlier this year. He went through his equilibration steps and it makes a tremendous difference in the final crown.

Thanks Doug! Glad to hear it's working for you!

Russ

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I'm with you Tyler, wish I could have been there. My refresher is long overdue. Are there any more webinars planned?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"could you get a webinar going for the people on the other side of the world russ? the course looks great."

id be very interested in signing up for that also if its something you get around to Russ...

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Good idea for a webinar i second that fantastic

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Jensen Dental would be the ones to call about the webinars. If they drop them, I will try to find another company to sponsor.

Russ

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Jensen and they said they would be more then happy to do something again. They said they are going to do what they need to get it together so lets see what happens.