Obsidian (Glidewell's lithium silicate)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Nope Ivoclar is suing everyone....
Not everyone..

Pentron has their lithium discilicate its called 3G, you can order it from zahn. From what I understand, this is probably the same or similar material since pentron sold the LD patent to Ivoclar, and 'emax' was born.

Excited to check out zublers LD .. if and when.. and .....

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
3G is only an understructure quality product according to my Zahn rep.

Pat, we all know there are good people at Ivoclar. No offense to you or the people intended. It's just hard to see the company as an entity caring about the labs that have promoted their product when they increase the prices every year while knowing we can barely increase our fees. And of course, the small labs get the short end on the volume discounts too.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Gru, no offense taken. I understand when people complain about price increases, I do it also with other companies and products. It's human nature.

As for Pentron's 3G, it is a substructure material similar to Empress2 which was a LD product for subtructures only, due to them being medium opacity. Of course we changed the material slightly and remarketed it as e.max and started introducing the other translucency levels.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So why do they have pictures of mono posteriors? Are you saying they dont market it as full contour, because clearly they do.
da3e2f4ddf_02.gif

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Yes, it is marketed to do both substructures and full-contour restorations. And yes you could, if you wanted, press a full contour restoration out of an e.max MO or HO ingot or a 3G ingot. BUT, they are going to look more like a full contour zirconia restoration, with little to no translucency.

I should have stated that more as my opinion of the material, which is a good material that works for some labs.

Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Zublers concept press material is due out any day.

Ivoclar had a price increase today but DID NOT INCLUDE WIELAND PRODUCTS OR ALL CERAMIC PRODUCTS

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Patrick Coon, are you with Ivoclar? In what capacity? Where do you have sixonice tied up?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Patrick Coon, are you with Ivoclar? In what capacity? Where do you have sixonice tied up?

CatamountRob, I am with Ivoclar as a Technical Consultant. That means I answer tech questions from people having issues with our materials/equipment, conduct courses on our materials, or go into larger labs and help troubleshoot issues they may be having with our materials.

I have several people tied up presently, but am not sure who sixonice is. ;)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
CatamountRob, I am with Ivoclar as a Technical Consultant. That means I answer tech questions from people having issues with our materials/equipment, conduct courses on our materials, or go into larger labs and help troubleshoot issues they may be having with our materials.

I have several people tied up presently, but am not sure who sixonice is. ;)
So Patrick, .....tell us about those multi ingots.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Interesting thread.

There is something that Ive got my grubby little hands on that is going to have poop hitting the fan.

I don't have the go ahead to tell anything or show pics of what ive done with it, but when I do you'll see it here first.

Going to be a big deal but not a emax clone.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Interesting thread.

There is something that Ive got my grubby little hands on that is going to have poop hitting the fan.

I don't have the go ahead to tell anything or show pics of what ive done with it, but when I do you'll see it here first.

Going to be a big deal but not a emax clone.
Well at least clean under the fingernails of your grubby little hands before you share photos.
You've piqued my interest.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Let me guess.. its from GC?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
another hybrid zir material??

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Vita Suprinity. Another victim of the evilclar empire Reddy

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Zublers concept press material is due out any day.

Ivoclar had a price increase today but DID NOT INCLUDE WIELAND PRODUCTS OR ALL CERAMIC PRODUCTS
Is it out yet? Looking at trying this stuff out. They will need to give the stuff away for me to market it.

Top Bottom