Obsidian (Glidewell's lithium silicate)

2bearnest

Reaction score
Moved this post - didn't know it's been kicked around already.

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Talk to Tyler at Parkway Dental Lab.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
It is some beautiful stuff.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
No I think it looks pretty good, for a A2 it has no similarities between emax HT and emax LT it is a cross between both. Press really well and no reaction layer, it is easy to work with. With that being said I still like emax due to its variation of different translucency ingots. To me emax is a higher end crown and that's what we will market it as. I don't care about the price of the ingot, we will not market the Obsidian product. We will do them if the Doc asks specifically for it though. This LD market will become flooded with different ingots just as the Zirconia market has!

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
No I think it looks pretty good, for a A2 it has no similarities between emax HT and emax LT it is a cross between both. Press really well and no reaction layer, it is easy to work with. With that being said I still like emax due to its variation of different translucency ingots. To me emax is a higher end crown and that's what we will market it as. I don't care about the price of the ingot, we will not market the Obsidian product. We will do them if the Doc asks specifically for it though. This LD market will become flooded with different ingots just as the Zirconia market has!

Thank you for the review, It would be nice to have a mt emax For mono posteriors.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
That's what the value ingots are....between lt and ht.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
The only negative I've seen is they don't offer shades A4 B4 C4 and D4. I'm pretty positive it's these shades I will have to double check though.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Is theirs lithium silicate or lithium *di*silicate?

My bad it is Lithium Silicate. Whoops. Lol working on my 3rd glass of Scotch.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Zubler has one coming out that is in between HT and LT.

2bearnest

Reaction score
who else has lithium (di)silicate products coming out? Are they selling the systems or is it outsource only?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
who else has lithium (di)silicate products coming out? Are they selling the systems or is it outsource only?

Now that the IPS e.max patent has expired I bet everyone and their mommas will be coming out with a LS/LD product.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
So...
A year later. Any lithium pressables out there? Haven't heard much, but then I tend to live in a bubble sometimes.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
So...
A year later. Any lithium pressables out there? Haven't heard much, but then I tend to live in a bubble sometimes.

Nope Ivoclar is suing everyone....

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Yes. There is one a week or two away from FDA approval in the United States.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So that's why they need a price increase every single year (lawyers)!

Jason, please do share!

Increases aren't for attorney's fees. It's for the 15 day Carribean cruise that Patrick, Jeff, and Ernie go on every year.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I haven't gotten in on the crusies yet. Maybe, next year we can increase a little more and I can go. :D

Top Bottom