NT Trading & Hiossen

S

SW_CAD_TECH

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm designing a custom abutment for a Hiossen implant and am having an issue with 3shape. In the first picture with the model you can see the analog is well below tissue level, but when scanned into 3shape the analog is above tissue level, leaving an exposed margin on the abutment.
IMG_7206.JPG hiossen_analog.png
I have scanned 4 times and calibrated the scanner, each time is the same result. Is this a common problem with the Hiossen/"S" series abutments, any workarounds?

Thanks.

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
Have you tried scan spray?
Looks ok just the tissue scan not being picked up.

S

SW_CAD_TECH

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yes I did use scan spray, just cleaned it off for the picture.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
If you are using the scan flags from ASTRA that are supposed to be compatible with Hiossen they are not.

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yes I did use scan spray, just cleaned it off for the picture.
By habit i tried to move the pic like it was 3D. Funny!
My guess is that it is not picking up the tissue in the scan. I would put some wax on the lingual of the tissue. As to minimize the sharp edge.
let me know?

S

SW_CAD_TECH

Reaction score
If you are using the scan flags from ASTRA that are supposed to be compatible with Hiossen they are not.

Yes, I am using the "S" series 3D scan flags from NT for the 4.5/5.0 platform. I am aware the 3.5/4.0 is not compatible as the screw does not engage, but I guess the 4.5/5.0 isn't compatible either. Is there another option that I could/should be using? Thanks.

By habit i tried to move the pic like it was 3D. Funny!
My guess is that it is not picking up the tissue in the scan. I would put some wax on the lingual of the tissue. As to minimize the sharp edge.
let me know?

I will try that and see how it goes, thank you.

I tried to put a Ti base on the model and that margin is exposed too. Maybe the implant is just not deep enough...

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
We do the hiossen reg and mini....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
if it isn't compatible, then it doesn't make any sense to try and use it... the position won't be accurate
so, do you have the correct scan body?
and, do you have the order set up correctly?
and, are you using the dme library from nt-trading? or a 3rd party dme?

these 3 issues are the place to start. it definitely is not a scanner/ calibration issue

best guess is the scanbody doesn't match the implant, or the order setup

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
you can double check the implant elevation by also scanning it as a waxup to check

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The S series works with the 4.5/5.0 Hiossen R platform...however one must use OEM analogs to do the model, and the hex part needs to be filed down a bit (I'm doing it on an lathe with jig and a dividing head)...

S

SW_CAD_TECH

Reaction score
so, do you have the correct scan body?
Yes, "S" series from NT trading
and, do you have the order set up correctly?
Yes, "S" series, 4.5/5.0 in the order form
and, are you using the dme library from nt-trading? or a 3rd party dme?
Yes and no, I'm using a DME installed from Argen, I would hope they have accurate and up to date DMEs
you can double check the implant elevation by also scanning it as a waxup to check
You mean scan the 3d scan guide in the model as a waxup? Good thinking!
The S series works with the 4.5/5.0 Hiossen R platform...however one must use OEM analogs to do the model, and the hex part needs to be filed down a bit (I'm doing it on an lathe with jig and a dividing head)...
I opened brand new Hiossen analogs for the model and when you say filed down a bit, I'm assuming vertically reducing the hex by .01, .1, 1 mm?

Thanks again!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

I respect your knowledge and your ability but this is going to come off sounding bad and judgemental so in Ricky Bobby style "in all due respect, and I mean all due respect"

This is not something I think you should do nor suggest to other techs that its a viable solution.

I am in awe that NT actually lists this as an compatible part as its no where near correct with out a lot of modifications.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I respect your knowledge and your ability but this is going to come off sounding bad and judgemental so in Ricky Bobby style "in all due respect, and I mean all due respect"

This is not something I think you should do nor suggest to other techs that its a viable solution.

I am in awe that NT actually lists this as an compatible part as its no where near correct with out a lot of modifications.

Techs will always do whatever they can get away with...with or without my input...Dontknow

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Techs will always do whatever they can get away with...with or without my input...Dontknow

You're a roll model Mr, wether you like it or not :) Can you do it with your hands and ability with no one noticing I have no doubt, can the rest of the world? very few.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hey Zero, you've been promoted.Beer

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
He's a rockstar:Rock:

giphy.gif

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
In fact all 3 of you are rockstars

tumblr_n895sk9W791sqf3wso1_400.gif

skysuma

skysuma

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm designing a custom abutment for a Hiossen implant and am having an issue with 3shape. In the first picture with the model you can see the analog is well below tissue level, but when scanned into 3shape the analog is above tissue level, leaving an exposed margin on the abutment.
View attachment 20215 View attachment 20214
I have scanned 4 times and calibrated the scanner, each time is the same result. Is this a common problem with the Hiossen/"S" series abutments, any workarounds?

Thanks.
Please contact me If you need help for this issue.

I am working as Engineer at Hiossen.

267-759-7010