Nobel Biocare close Quebec facility for good

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
In december 31st they put the key in the door forever.

My sources confirm also that in 8 weeks the production site will be close and than it will be the r&d department after.

Part of me is sad to see what they did with Biocad to the point that yesterday they put 50+ ppl out of jobs.

Other part of me is happy that they close it for obvious reasons.

If anyone want more details they give more on their website.
Rest assure that us we are open to support you.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Hmmm makes you wonder if it has to do with the possibility of Nobel selling.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Wasn't there a rumour about a possible sale of Nobel Biocare? Maybe they're preparing for a sale?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I've been quietly steering our implant accounts away from Nobel for the last couple of years (with the help of a few turncoat sales reps) ...to the point where I only see Nobel once in a blue moon...:D

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Since Nobel's estimated value was only 1/10 of what 3i's value is, my guess is they are trying to make it look a lot more valuable on the 'books'.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
let's be fair here...the guys at Panthera are the ex-Biocad brainchildren.

This was a nobel (haha get it) post, but i'd just gloat to gloat.

Bernard, y'all did a smart thing with your non-compete's while you were with biocad, and now you will only stand out even more.

all the best

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Anyone think that perhaps the bar business is being effected by FCZ and that perhaps the Quebec facility was not as viable and since Nobel has production capabilities in Nj it's redundancy may be counter productive?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Every business makes changes at some point or another.
Some are exploited more than others, and only time will tell.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Anyone think that perhaps the bar business is being effected by FCZ and that perhaps the Quebec facility was not as viable and since Nobel has production capabilities in Nj it's redundancy may be counter productive?
I think the milling options for both titanium and Zirconia are putting a dent in there business. Labs now have more options at different price points to make their business model viable. I see the NJ facility as endangered also. I was a procera lab, I haven't sent a file to that facility in three years.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score

I think the location could have been an issue with FDA issues, copings and bars coming across the border was a no no unless you have FDA approval if I'm not mistaken.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
to me the question is whether or not this quebec centre was the people that used to mill the output from mod40/50

because i sincerely hope we have advanced far enough in technology to say Yes.

Top Bottom