Nobel Active 3.0 advice

shamalam

shamalam

Reaction score
Ok So I have a Dr. who placed a Nobel Active 3.0 implant for a patient who already has two ERA abutments for extra support. I cant find any options to use this implant for an ERA or any other overdenture options.
Can anyone help? The Doc wants to use this implant! What should be done?

Thanks!

Edward

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Nobel's indication for this implant is upper laterals and lower incisors only and restorative options are:
- Titanium CADCAM abutment
- GoldAdapt UCLA abutment

That's it...
3rd party companies might offer some restorations, but they would all void Nobel's warranty, so proceed with caution.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yeah right. I tried to tell the cops once that their warrant was a hoax too......
For some reason I am not too surprised that you have a lot of experience in the clink.

damn autocorrect

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
Ok So I have a Dr. who placed a Nobel Active 3.0 implant for a patient who already has two ERA abutments for extra support. I cant find any options to use this implant for an ERA or any other overdenture options.
Can anyone help? The Doc wants to use this implant! What should be done?

Thanks!

Edward

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
Call TruAbutment They may be able to mill you their overdenture abutment onto the fixture, but you will need to pick up the other ERA's in the master impression so they are all parallel to each other.

Good luck.
https://truabutment.com/

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You will be blamed when the abutment fails or when the screw fractures because it was tourqued past 15 newtons because the assistant threw out the red warning sign that you put in plain site on the top when you packed the box.

it can happen

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
TruAbutment does not have FDA approval on anything except a few titanium custom abutments so If you are concerned about quality and having something legitimate....buyer beware (they will tell you they have FDA approval and that is simply a lie).

You can buy ERA attachments from Sterngold (800) 243-9942. If you want a nobel active 3.0 FDA approved locator I may have a source for them....just have to check.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
bar with locators if there isnt any teeth between the implants.

shamalam

shamalam

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys! No real options i guess without asking for it to fail. Might have to add another implant to support a bar.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
A bar is still not a single unit . . . so all depends on the legal environment where you operate.
Safest to use as a vertical stop only and add 2 implants on the same arch on both sides
and make this a tripod without lateral forces on the implant or abutment. Good luck,
LCM

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You will be blamed when the abutment fails or when the screw fractures because it was tourqued past 15 newtons because the assistant threw out the red warning sign that you put in plain site on the top when you packed the box.

it can happen
I was stapling those triangle warning signs to the seating screw and found out they still were overtorquing. Just put the stuff in the autoclave and onto the surgical tray. The Dr surely knows about that...

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Those who choose to ignore warnings will live to pay the price.
I use torque wrench on 15Ncm, and screw still broke!
Even after seeing pt 1 year post-op to make sure there was no heavy occlusion after 1 year functional
wear changes.
You can only do that much,
LCM

Top Bottom