New water cooled high speed HP - suggestions

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I am looking for a new water cooled high speed Hand piece. I have a Presto Aqua II, but I am looking for something else, since the chuck has gone bad, twice now, in a shorter period of time than I prefer...

The replacement chuck is a couple hundred dollars, which is absurd!

Thanks in advance,

M

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The cheapest solution is cheap contra angle water high speeds on ebay. I hate them but they are cheaper than a replacement cartridge.

I have a BEGO water highspeed that is part of my bego milling machine I use for telescopes. It works great but it was pretty expensive.

The NSK cartridges for the presto I believe are using ****tier bearings today compared to 5 years ago. I have one tech that loves hers and its every 6 months it goes out.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
The NSK cartridges for the presto I believe are using ****tier bearings today compared to 5 years ago. I have one tech that loves hers and its every 6 months it goes out.

John, thanks for the input! This is exactly my experience. Schein has a promotion, that runs out today. I believe it includes e free front piece/bearings.

Thanks again!

M

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
John, thanks for the input! This is exactly my experience. Schein has a promotion, that runs out today. I believe it includes e free front piece/bearings.

Thanks again!

M

Bien Air is the only way to go. More expensive than NSK, but well worth it.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
Thank you! I will check it out.

M

I think they call the control part the STS Trimmer and the turbine is the TD 890 turbine. I believe the TD 783 is the non-water spray version.

They are Swiss, so very well built. Not sure what the replacement cartridges cost these days but I have not had to replace my in quite a few years.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I use the Bien Air TD 783 everyday and it's a great hand piece but the turbines don't last more than 6 months. Maybe the water spray version last longer?

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
I use the Bien Air TD 783 everyday and it's a great hand piece but the turbines don't last more than 6 months. Maybe the water spray version last longer?

I have the same issue with the 783 vs. the 890. Could be because there is less heat due to the water spray?

Top Bottom