New Technology

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not once did they demo how to draw orthogonal lines, circles, planes, or boolean operations. this is one of those rigged demos for cash.

pass.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
but its elon musk!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
on 2nd thought, looks like a good workout, more than a mouse..

doug

doug

Reaction score
Ahh! Tesla cash, It's good to be Elon right now. SpaceX is still private, but Tesla enjoys a wonderful benefit from its proximity to it.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I’d be happy to know how to copy mill something that is not a tooth. If I remember right, I can scan the part and bring into CAD
Then I can use expert mode to save as a stl and import it into the CAM? I need to make a sleeve for a implant that wasn’t placed deep enough? My plan is to make a funnel shape Zr sleeve to shore up deficit , then bond to bottom of crown.

Attachments

• 42367AC2-5118-4B5F-9877-973762F570CF.jpeg
    42367AC2-5118-4B5F-9877-973762F570CF.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 23
Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Anyone have better idea besides having the implant placed more apically, cause of course that’s not an option.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I hate it, but if you cant get a lower profile base, Id place a narrow Ti abut and have the Dr prep it down on the implant.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Great..now in the future, instead of a real carver on an analog crown, you can use a virtual carver on a virtual crown.

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
not once did they demo how to draw orthogonal lines, circles, planes, or boolean operations. this is one of those rigged demos for cash.

pass.
Yeah, the demo was all visualization of existing parts, no design work. Good proof of concept, now give it another couple years and it'll be everywhere.

My bet is they'll make the next version of minecraft using this tech and then your kid will call you an old fart and show you how to use it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah, the demo was all visualization of existing parts, no design work. Good proof of concept, now give it another couple years and it'll be everywhere.

My bet is they'll make the next version of minecraft using this tech and then your kid will call you an old fart and show you how to use it.
you may be right, but 3d object manipulation was one of the driving investment forces behind the oculus and vive, as well as one of the goals of the sixth sense pendants from 10 years ago which funnily enough actually precursored the AR sector, not the VR sector.

but this is in much more solid waters now. 3d object manipulation is like foundational to the space and makes you basically level 1 in a game with many players two dozen levels ahead of you.

they better have something serious in like a week, cause i feel like even an arduino can do this right now or a samsung smartfridge.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Power Glove and U FORCE had a kid. Guess it wpuld be about 30 so yeah, congrats. It serves less purpose than eoither of its progenitors.

It solves no problem. They didn't show any UI at all. How do you get this design file open in tje forst place. Telekinesis:

Top Bottom