New super trans zirconia

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten a good in vitro picture yet. Definitely coming though!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Charles, Strength and hardness have NO correlation to one another. In addition, hardness has no correlation to wear.
Yes I know Bob about no correlation between hardness and wear, but many still don't understand and believe the myth. I learned about density, hardness and wear years ago when I changed to Vita 900 porcelain. One of the first low wear porcelains and extremely dense and very very hard surface to grind on..

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
new supertrans. material from Dental Direkt CubeX2

Attachments

• 20141113_100534.jpg
    20141113_100534.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 206
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I had a doctor call me to today to ask about Bio Z. When I searched this forum, I found this very helpful thread. Right now, I use Wieland to mill out all of my FCZ in Zenostar and then we stain and glaze them here at the lab. Is anyone here accepting stl files and milling crowns out of this higher translucent zirconia. We don't have a sintering oven so we have to paint on all of our stains.

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
I had a doctor call me to today to ask about Bio Z. When I searched this forum, I found this very helpful thread. Right now, I use Wieland to mill out all of my FCZ in Zenostar and then we stain and glaze them here at the lab. Is anyone here accepting stl files and milling crowns out of this higher translucent zirconia. We don't have a sintering oven so we have to paint on all of our stains.
We can mill your stl out of CubeX or BioZx. PM me if interested.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I just enjoyed rereading this thread, just surprises me that over a year later we are all still having similar issues with the 600 materials

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I think its because no one reads the manual or uses the correct colouring liquid, we found out very early you need to do both.This was the problem in the 1st pace with original zirc problems, wrong firing not always the right porcelain bad polishing all because most didnt want to pay for a course or new materials this is fairly typical of the industry. I still have empress 2, crowns and bridges in peoples mouths no problems but i did the course and used the right materials.The 600 zircs are great done properly.But you still need to pick your fights with this stuff.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Well I am loosing the main fight "Consistency"

Whats your game plan? What is your go to combination that is WORKING THE BEST?

As for Empress 2 I went to LVI took the Ivoclar course where out of 25 participants 11 or their bridges fractured :)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
This has to be currently one of the most valuable threads here. I've been watching it very carefully to see how these new materials all behave. As a small lab, I just can't afford to take this particular risk until I see how it plays out, so a big, big thank you to all who share that knowledge here.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
John what i find that works is zirkonzahn prettau anterior liquids with prettau anterior and i use their programs for sintering in my vita furnace.Mix and matching liquids and zirconia doesnt work ive tried ZZ liquids on some of the other super trans they dont look as good.As for empress 2 I didnt do many bridges and when i did it had to be perfect everything ,tell me did the bridges brake at the course.I know i sound like a ZZ disciple but their stuff always works for me I do the course I want, and walk out with results It just saves a lot of time and headaches I hope this helps If you have any probs private message me or give ZZ a call they have great service in the states.