New Free Website for Identifying Implants!

D

dr.moose

Reaction score
whatimplantisthat.com Press Release

whatimplantisthat.com - Free online resource for radiographic implant identification

Have you ever looked at your patient's radiographs with the question, what implant is that? The free online resource, whatimplantisthat.com - implant radiographic identification, was created to solve that ever-growing problem. There are hundreds of implant companies with thousands of implants. Patients are more mobile than ever before, so we are often restoring implants we did not treatment plan.

Columbus, OH (March 31, 2010) -- The whatimplantisthat.com website has a large database of implant radiographs linked to characteristics of those implant images. Doctors or staff can take the patient's radiograph and compare it against images on the site. Through describing the characteristics of the patient's implant, one can filter through the many images in the database.

Once you find the right implant, you can access information such as the proper driver size, links to the company's website and catalogs, and additional images.

This is a free resource for everyone, which makes it crucial for all to help make it a better resource. Many implant companies have been contacted, most have been very willing to support the project. The best thing that we could ask for is that dentists ask their implant companies to visit the site and confirm they are well represented.

We all know this is a problem we will often deal with throughout the years. I hope we can all work together to get implant companies contributing to these efforts.

About whatimplantisthat.com:
This website has been created by Dr. Nate Farley, DDS and Dr. Kent Howell, DMD. For those willing to help build the database, visit whatimplantisthat.com - implant radiographic identification for some ideas on how you can participate.

Nate Farley and Kent Howell
Email: [email protected]
whatimplantisthat.com - implant radiographic identification

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Love this website, came across it through a post on the IDF, but have recently forwarded it to all my clients, in which, they loved it even more. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

D

dr.moose

Reaction score
Thanks Rob!

Thanks for the interest! We are trying everything we can to help spread the word, so we appreciate you helping us out! What exactly is the IDF and what are its benefits? We noticed there is a fee to have access. Is it worth the fee involved?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest! We are trying everything we can to help spread the word, so we appreciate you helping us out! What exactly is the IDF and what are its benefits? We noticed there is a fee to have access. Is it worth the fee involved?

What u talkin' 'bout willis?........there is no fee. IDF=Independent Dental Forum. Much like Dental Lab Network, but it's done with emails instead of a website.....I like it, some great folks on there that aren't on here at DLN. Where's Tim, he's the big shot over there.......ahh heck, I'll post the info for you and anyone else......Tim you owe me a beer......slacker :)

To sign up for the lab group you want to go to: Subscribe SIG .

Fill this in your e-mail address and check Dental lab. You will then get a confirmation E-mail almost immediately (if everything is running right),that you must respond to. So look for it to verify your subscription..it may be in your spam folder.

Sincerely,

Tim Lane, CDT
IDF Moderator [email protected]

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What u talkin' 'bout willis?........there is no fee. IDF=Independent Dental Forum. Much like Dental Lab Network, but it's done with emails instead of a website.....I like it, some great folks on there that aren't on here at DLN. Where's Tim, he's the big shot over there.......ahh heck, I'll post the info for you and anyone else......Tim you owe me a beer......slacker :)

To sign up for the lab group you want to go to: Subscribe SIG .

Fill this in your e-mail address and check Dental lab. You will then get a confirmation E-mail almost immediately (if everything is running right),that you must respond to. So look for it to verify your subscription..it may be in your spam folder.

Sincerely,

Tim Lane, CDT
IDF Moderator [email protected]

The IDF or "internet dental forum" has several PAID lists. The main Dr list and sub lists has a annual fee to participate. The LABORATORY list is FREE but many of us donate to the Dr that runs it.

Top Bottom