New CAD Education website

G

groovygirl

Reaction score
anyone know how to get some stl files to play with from the different intraoral scanners?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Bob, I don't know. Please list the platforms you can currently mill the actual hex or tri-lobe from raw stock. Do you really get this info from the exported files? Show me a stl of that if you would please. Not as viewed in 3Shape, but rather from an open stl viewer ot Magics, or ??

I hate the 3Shape scanner. Plastic gears, just too much plastic in general, and not in the top Three for accuracy. Too long to calibrate.

I am almost certian that Exocad is currently outselling 3Shape everywhere now. (Globally speaking) I think all resellers use a White-Stripe Light of some sort or another. Either German, Italian, or Korean scanner manufac.

Last edited:
C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Hey all,

We have some new design tutorial videos up on CAP Academy. For those who would like some help with abutment design, these new videos will teach you how to design an abutment for a molar, for an anterior unit, and even how to setup and use the parallel abutment design feature, new to 3Shape 2010. There's also a new tutorial on designing a bicuspid full contour unit. Enjoy!

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Bob, I don't know. Please list the platforms you can currently mill the actual hex or tri-lobe from raw stock. Do you really get this info from the exported files? Show me a stl of that if you would please. Not as viewed in 3Shape, but rather from an open stl viewer ot Magics, or ??

Yes, it all depends on how the abutment library is set up. I have a one piece internal hex I can upload later. It's definitely possible but the kit needs to be set up that way in the control panel.

I hate the 3Shape scanner. Plastic gears, just too much plastic in general, and not in the top Three for accuracy. Too long to calibrate.

The only plastic part on the 3Shape scanners is the front face and the one rotational gear on the inside, visible by opening the door.:confused:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hey all,

We have some new design tutorial videos up on CAP Academy. For those who would like some help with abutment design, these new videos will teach you how to design an abutment for a molar, for an anterior unit, and even how to setup and use the parallel abutment design feature, new to 3Shape 2010. There's also a new tutorial on designing a bicuspid full contour unit. Enjoy!

Thanks cap,

I just designed 2 abutments after watching the new vids.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
awesome! any videos you'd like to see that aren't there yet?

Yes ,I would really like to see a bridge scan and design video. Perhaps you could include the cutback technique?

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Yes ,I would really like to see a bridge scan and design video. Perhaps you could include the cutback technique?

Thanks rkm, keep your eye out for these videos in the next week or two :)

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Hey all,

We've got some new design tutorial videos up on CAP ACADEMY! RKM, we've added a bridge design tutorial also! (The scan video is under Training > Scanning > How to scan a bridge w/ pontics)

We've also added the ability for users to comment on videos, so feel free to leave your comments, questions, opinions, suggestions, etc..! Enjoy!

yk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Love the evolution of this site!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
I tried to register to the website and never got the confirmation e-mail . Even tried again with another e-mail account but the same thing happened . What's wrong?

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
I tried to register to the website and never got the confirmation e-mail . Even tried again with another e-mail account but the same thing happened . What's wrong?

sorry Drizzt, we had a little issue with the automated confirmation emails not being sent out for users who registered within the past week. we've resolved the issue and I've resent the confirmation email to both of your email addresses. let me know if you're still having trouble.. thanks!

yuri

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
sorry Drizzt, we had a little issue with the automated confirmation emails not being sent out for users who registered within the past week. we've resolved the issue and I've resent the confirmation email to both of your email addresses. let me know if you're still having trouble.. thanks!

yuri

Nothing yet unfortunately !:(

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
hmm.. really..? that's odd. did you happen to check your spam folder?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
hmm.. really..? that's odd. did you happen to check your spam folder?

Ok , I got the mail some minutes ago . Thank you! Looking forward for the Dental Wings section! Nice website , keep up the good work!!

robnazzal

robnazzal

Reaction score
In my discussions with users, I'm finding that the mirroring feature is one that many people are aware of, but aren't sure how to get to it. It's not very obvious, so I put together a video on using the mirror feature to copy a tooth from the existing anatomy.

Here it is:

http://capacademy.com/videos/3shape/tips/31/73

Enjoy! As alway, let me, Yuri, and Bob know what other topics you'd like us to cover.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Dear Rob!

I like to ask are you planning to make some video about partial design with dentaldesigner???

robnazzal

robnazzal

Reaction score
Hi stumpf,

We are honestly not experts with the removables module at this point, but if anyone else out there would like to help contribute content on this topic, I will be happy to work with them to post it on the site.

Thanks,
Rob

Top Bottom