need help

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know were I can get a zirconium post made. I have a waxup of the post so I thought who I use could do it but they can't. Help please.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would not take that risk but good luck anyway.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
It can be done in 3shape. Scan as a wax up.

I used pushpins as they were identical and it didn't matter which way they were rotated. But explaining that would be tricky so we'll use dies.
You'll need two identical dies.

Place each die in a scan tray. On one, attach your waxed post to the top tip of the die, post facing straight up. Now scan the die as a die, and scan the post and die as the waxup.
That was the easy part.
Now the trick is in the spline...
Move forward in the designing process till you get to the spline. Don't edit it, just delete it and draw/select it from new. You want the spline to be a ring between the tip of the die and the beginning of the posts preperation.
Sorry, don't have pics....
Anyway, if you do it right, viola, you have an exported STL of your post.
Now you have two more things to dial in...
You need an advanced nesting software that allows you to turn and rotate the post. Otherwise it will be tall as he'll and won't mill undercuts rendering it useless, and also how to spru securely without it breaking as it's very fragile.
And last, getting it to fit.
It's not.
So you need to start playing around with the 20%ish shrinking ratio,,,,,
After that you can have a zirconia post.
Why it's necessary, I dunno. But have fun trying it out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
contact Bego or Argen or Atlantis to arrange to ship your die complete with waxup to them to have it 3d imaged and processed.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I have scanned an impression and milled post

Also scanned wax-up and milled a post.

I did not like the results for some and think Gold is better.

It is not hard at all to scan and design.

The CAM is tricky. You need tiny tool with Looong reach for some posts if doing 3-axis.

The post cannot be bigger than CAD file anywhere below margin of course.

You may need to add custom operation in milling strategy to overmill some areas to make sure fit is passive. (Tight corners and tight radii)

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
why? you like fatigue failure?....

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
It can be done in 3shape. Scan as a wax up.

I used pushpins as they were identical and it didn't matter which way they were rotated. But explaining that would be tricky so we'll use dies.
You'll need two identical dies.

Place each die in a scan tray. On one, attach your waxed post to the top tip of the die, post facing straight up. Now scan the die as a die, and scan the post and die as the waxup.
That was the easy part.
Now the trick is in the spline...
Move forward in the designing process till you get to the spline. Don't edit it, just delete it and draw/select it from new. You want the spline to be a ring between the tip of the die and the beginning of the posts preperation.
Sorry, don't have pics....
Anyway, if you do it right, viola, you have an exported STL of your post.
Now you have two more things to dial in...
You need an advanced nesting software that allows you to turn and rotate the post. Otherwise it will be tall as he'll and won't mill undercuts rendering it useless, and also how to spru securely without it breaking as it's very fragile.
And last, getting it to fit.
It's not.
So you need to start playing around with the 20%ish shrinking ratio,,,,,
After that you can have a zirconia post.
Why it's necessary, I dunno. But have fun trying it out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but i think i will am just going to do it with metal. Thanks

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
don't do it..... zirconia is tooooooo rigid of a material for a post. Material should have a little flex to it or you risk root fracture.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
don't do it..... zirconia is tooooooo rigid of a material for a post. Material should have a little flex to it or you risk root fracture.
but yet some are using fullcontour over implants....bye bye alveolar...tick tock....

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
but yet some are using fullcontour over implants....bye bye alveolar...tick tock....

dude, that makes no sense to me. An overlayed crown on an implant is no different than a pfm if you're talking flex of a crown material.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
make the p&c out of duralay and find someone who can zirkonzahn hand mil .I have done 6 or so over the years no problems but seriously consider the design.No long skinny posts with right angles.