my new teeth

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
After many years including ortho, TMJ, and wife requests, I've finally made 4 new incisors for myself. I waxed and designed them. A good friend and master clinician Dr. Steven Hill (Vancouver,BC) prepped them. Steve scanned the preps with iTero, and I made out of Luminesse ceramic (from Talladium) on refractory dies. I'll do a little bleaching on the buccal corridor next to boost the value a little back there. Other than my family inner circle, you guys and gals are the first public to be able to pull out your assault rifles for critique. Very difficult case for me to make...... I was sheeting my pants throughout!! Orr4

ps. guess how long the centrals are?
masking.jpg final preps.jpg _JRN0003 copy.jpg portrait edited.jpg

C

charles007

Reaction score
Why no zirconia veneers lol

Looks nice,,,, and I'm sure no one can tell there restored.... When a case looks this sweet, there's no point to nickpick anything .
Done good... now you can pat yourself on the back...

Charles

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nice job! Canadian ceramists are the best ....looks like an EH1....

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I love seeing your work, even better when it's your own mouth. That tissue looks awesome :)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Wow beautiful job, and what a stud the patient is.
I hate being a patient. I think I'm going to continue to let mine rot and fall out naturally before I get another probing with a syringe.

L

labmanmike

Reaction score
I'll guess 9.7 mm... They look really nice BTW. Be proud

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
really nice job. looks great. you guys are definitely the artist :D

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Well, the line angle on....... No really they look great, nice blend.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Thanks guys.......centrals are 13mm.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Is that a crack on the M gin of #8 ?
Just wondering why did you flare or make the distals of 7 & 10 prominent rather than blend with the cuspids, occlusion? Are you planning some min to no prep veneers on the cuspids to bring them out?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Nice ceramics. :top:

If you had to make these again would you make em slighty less dominent?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
LOL @ EH1 i nearly pissed myself.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why did you flare or make the distals of 7 & 10 prominent rather than blend with the cuspids, occlusion? Are you planning some min to no prep veneers on the cuspids to bring them out?

He's going to add to his buccal corridor in the future ;)

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score

Crack? I'll check it out. However, I normally put the odd subtle white craze line on with stain at glazing. No big intention to flare distals. Just shaped em to appear more proportional in width to the centrals to avoid the Mr. Ed look. Still plannin to bleach buccal corridor a bit to boost the value.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Very nice team effort, the preps look very very nice.

You both have good hands/eyes.

High 5!

marvel

marvel

Reaction score
...That tissue looks awesome :)

Wouldn't have believed the gin of the preps is that in the finished smile; I'm sure it really is happy tissue.

Al's eagle eying a crack on 8 made me look again...I see what he means, in fact, a couple faint...they could be craze lines, despite the angles...do you chew ice? Oh, I forgot! it's a fake. There's another vert craze about...3/4 down on 11; oh, that's a natural tooth. Love the crazing, the light shows it off in the laterals and it's pure confection.

I am wondering why you went to 13mm for the centrals, though, rather than 12 even 12.5...I see the relation to the lower smile line...a young smile line...still...the canines are quite a bit shorter viewed from the front. I know, you didnt wanna look like a wolf.

You have gorgeous facial bone structure; without measuring it looks golden proportion to me. Did you use any phi measuring tools for your teeth or just eyeball the artwork?

I'm adding you to the photos on my wall.

Top Bottom