Music in the Lab

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Wow, I'm Way behind on this thread...[emoji54]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Not to bad though, it looks like you went back quite a few pages. Welcome back :)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Even though a live version would've been a better tribute, I still like the studio version the best.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Really enjoyed this one. Haven't played those vinyls in decades.

I debated about that one, or Same Old Wine, from the "Sittin In" album. Angry eyes won it. They still sound fantastic, IMO.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Poco...yes :) Rose of Cimrron being one of my favorite albums.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Wasn't it something to do with a french douche...this is me answering before I google it and probably find out I'm way off course and lost in the red light district.

Nice link, user.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Had something to do with a "member"?

Sounds better than what I remember (mis-remember) maybe from one of those hazy tie stick lost weekends. You know those weed induced conversations about music, bands, that "they" found a cure for cancer but it's a industry cover up to keep their money and jobs. That they have cars that can run on water instead of gasoline etc etc until the sun rose.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Anyone ever try to find new music to explore? I sometimes mess with.
Everyday, but also listen to old stuff I haven't listened to in decades. No genres are off limits, but I don't really listen to opera or anything pop/bubblegum.

I have some old Pandora stations that have been dialed in over the years. The music genome idea is kind of interesting. Introduced to some obscure things.

YouTube is great for finding old music and listening to the full album. Whatever you want is usually there someone has uploaded it. Plus suggestions of other 'odd' stuff.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Everyday, but also listen to old stuff I haven't listened to in decades. No genres are off limits, but I don't really listen to opera or anything pop/bubblegum.

I have some old Pandora stations that have been dialed in over the years. The music genome idea is kind of interesting. Introduced to some obscure things.

YouTube is great for finding old music and listening to the full album. Whatever you want is usually there someone has uploaded it. Plus suggestions of other 'odd' stuff.

I listen to Google Play pretty much all day. Those type of music apps really are a wonderful resource of artists I would not have otherwise heard or discovered. You're also right in that YouTube has really evolved into excellent music resource.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

I have to add that there are two college radio stations within broadcast range here, one being higher wattage than the other. They are both great. One is more classical and occasional jazz oriented and the other which I can only receive under certain weather conditions, has been a great resource. They are off the wall, nothing off limits
Over the years from punk rock to rockabilly to world music to ambient to whatever.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have to add that there are two college radio stations within broadcast range here, one being higher wattage than the other. They are both great. One is more classical and occasional jazz oriented and the other which I can only receive under certain weather conditions, has been a great resource. They are off the wall, nothing off limits
Over the years from punk rock to rockabilly to world music to ambient to whatever.

I hit a radio station like that on the way home from out of town late one night. It was at about 89 on the FM dial (most of those more obscure ones seem to be lower on the dial?) Their theme was femme fatal women singers, in which one of them was Grace Potter, who I had never hear of before, and it (she) blew me away. Granted the video and lyrics are PG-13, a little bit along the Naked Lunch vein of things?

It was a wonderful drive for awhile, until I lost the signal.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
OK, for those of you who think I may have gone to far, and broke my halo with Grace and Paris, I'll try to calm down and redeem myself with
something a little bit more shall we say...."wholesome" :)

Top Bottom