Minuk Denture Clinic's Submission for the Candulor KunstZahnWerk Competition 2012

Joseph Minuk

Joseph Minuk

Reaction score
Minuk Denture Clinic was pleased to finish 1st in Canada and 5th in North America in the Candulor KunstZahnWerk (Art of Denture) Competition in 2012.

Joseph Minuk along with our talented Lab Technicians designed the case (featured in photos) and had a lot of fun doing it. Joseph was also able to attend the award ceremony in Chicago.

All in all it was a great experience, and we hope to do it again!!!

(Photograph courtesy of Ted Smudde, Candulor USA - Thanks Ted!)

Minuk test photo.jpg _Z9A4935.jpg _Z9A4934.jpg _Z9A4933.jpg _Z9A4932.jpg _Z9A4931.jpg _Z9A4930.jpg _Z9A4929.jpg _Z9A4862.jpg _Z9A4936.jpg
Minuk test photo.jpg _Z9A4862.jpg _Z9A4929.jpg _Z9A4930.jpg _Z9A4931.jpg _Z9A4932.jpg _Z9A4933.jpg _Z9A4934.jpg _Z9A4935.jpg _Z9A4936.jpg

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Congratulations Joseph!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
congrats, nice work.

You can send the articulator back for a refund now :)

One thing that stands out for me is the gum stippling.

I used to do this on all my private denture cases.

Thing is now i get to see lots of patients, ive never seen soft tissue that looks anything like it.
So who came up with this idea??

Its more like its the "done thing" with private denture work, rather than replicating soft tissue.

Its also a great way of helping deposits build up on the acrylic, rather than leaving it smooth.

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
First off of course congratulations on all your time & effort Joe to even embark on the contest. & I would like to say your stippling did look polished.

One thing that stands out for me is the gum stippling.
So who came up with this idea??

In the 60's (our acrylic was a bit vanilla) we didn't always have the little red fibers in denture acrylic (red fibers & motoling was a premium),and possibly a lot of guys noticed the flatness of gums in appearance, My dad stippled & had one of those stipple burs, I did so, but then we started to just carved the root emenances & placed fibers when packing for the appearance.
I was still doing a few vulkanite and that pink strip you couldn't do anything with other than stipple, possibly it was a hangover from thos smelly things.
Myself I haven't stippled unless the patient or DDS asked for it since 79, just collects plaque & have had patients say food sticks to it in the mouth when chewing (I just removed some from a repair DDS sent pt to lab).

Last edited:
Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Hi Joe, that case looks great. I was curious how you found out what your's placed. I was told only the top 4 were placed, and the rest all tied for 5th.

Joseph Minuk

Joseph Minuk

Reaction score
Hi Darryl,

Thanks for your question! We found out how we placed when we received a letter from Candulor, along with a certificate stating we were the "Top Canadian Case", a disc of photos and a gift of a Candulor Static Laser. All in all, we found it to be a great experience.

certificate.jpg
certificate.jpg

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Congratulations from an elderly beginner...Mine are not quite that good yet....take care and again great work...

M

moayad

Reaction score
Congratulations & very nice work i hobe one day do something like it.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
work of art. congrats!