milling machine

N

nexdent

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to buy a milling machine soon. I took a look at VHF, ZirkonZahn and imes-icore and my favorite is imes-icore 350i loader.

They sent me an offer with this components:
- 350i loader
- iCAM V4.6
- iVAC eco+
- table
- iSint eco (MihmVogt Tabeo)
- starter kit

What do you think about the machine and their setup? Do they have good blanks too?

nexdent

C

charles007

Reaction score
Welcome to DLN nexdent :)
Imes-icore mills are great mills and are in a different league compared to cheaper priced vhf, ZZ mills.
Mihm Voght is your best brand of oven to buy but the new model Tabeo is the wrong model to buy as your first oven! it only sinters 20 units .
You would want the larger Mihm oven with the 350 mill

There are tons of posts on mills, ovens and zirconia to read on dln....
Use the "Search" at the top right of this page if you have problems.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
VHF mills are a gamble. Mine is flawless, others I know have had nothing but trouble. You're wise to look elsewhere. As charles said, there are many posts on the mills on DLN.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
My Wieland Mini mill is excellent. Jensen M200 is also ver good.

J

justdoitpl

Reaction score
I'm also between Wieland mini mill and imes-icore 250i. What do you guys recommend? I'm planing to use it with 3shape d900l scanner. Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

nexdent

Reaction score
Thank you!

But we don't have more than 20 zirkonia units a day, so I think the size is good. But I don't know if there are other disadvantages compared to the Mihm-Vogt HT & HT-S. Wieland and Jensen mills are from VHF as well, right? Also I don't know if iCAM V4.6 is good enough or if I have to buy V5.0 = Sum3D...

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just have a VHF from Jensen and their basic CAM. I couldnt imagine what else spending more money could make something do. Im beyond happy. I was worried that I was limiting myself with the 4 axis...I do pleanty of big cases and lots of implants. I havent had to out-source a single thing.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I just have a VHF from Jensen and their basic CAM. I couldnt imagine what else spending more money could make something do. Im beyond happy. I was worried that I was limiting myself with the 4 axis...I do pleanty of big cases and lots of implants. I havent had to out-source a single thing.

It's true,..in fact almost everything we do is done using only 3 axes,..the 4th "the flip" is a matter of indispensable convenience. The 5th is mostly for marginal strategies, divergent screw holes and of course showing off. Not having wet capabilities is a no go for me personally but that's just me. VIVE LE DIFFERRENCE!!!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
5 axis nothing else a simple single unit can bring a four ax out of range especially if you mill on 1 to 1 ratio like pmma , wax, or hard stuff
your mill is your cheapest employ 350 with loader 1.4 buck per month .
Ask at 4.6 how to change Strategies versus create a margin offset for fit if u dont use 3 shape ( fitting parameter offset at the margin its wider as scanned for better initial fit) different materials need sometimes a offset if not in the cad possible ( exocad) create in the cam.
Ask if burrs can be changed in 4.6 if you want !!! might be a long run money saver V 5 is 4 K more the strats in 4.6 are very good one of the best hard stuff anatomies if seen but maybe !!! some burr and offset options are good for better fit done in 10 seconds if possible even with no experience same with burrs just a bit knowledge.

If Mighn Voght the biggest you have problems to sinter big cases with sinter bar like ZZ the chamber volume is at the limit there is a option to sinter them laid but standing is better ( i think more consistent temperature on the hole object )

Start with the material from the reseller or direct from imes maybe some adaptions in the mill strategies done ?! chance to change in 4.6 if you use other materials ? ? different brands need sometimes small adoptions speed. step size x and step size xy
if you mill thinner margins, better approximal areas , occlusion surface all these parts are time waster and techs are interested in speed speed but the mill is your cheapest employ with loader 20 hours a day for 1.4 buck a month paid after 4 years dont think a VHF is longer alive cheap , crap long run construction.

Cam software is the key to make it real open its a bit like a electric wax knife to work with it like you want you must change temperature ( strategie) and tools ( burs ) to use all these different wax brands outside !!!

Oh forgot hard stuff never in the long run with small ball srews or without back encoders best with servo motors angulation up to 30 degrees B ax and 360 A ax 6 mm span against extrusion and intrusion force of the burr as on the 350
And although a multiboard cnc controller it could always happened especially on hard stuff that one ax fail this is a big time and money saver if happened to repair. 350 has such board.

Bharath

Bharath

Reaction score
Which one is vhf k5 or s1

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
My suggestion is to get just a Zr mill. Do no get one that has wet mill

capabilities yet. You won't need to mill Ti right now. Stick with one what

will mill just Zr and you won't need 5 axes yet honestly until you start getting

into the larger cases. If you're doing 20 units a day, the VHF will do those

very quickly and easily and will be waiting for more. I used to run one and did

about 60-75 units a day out of it, so it's a tried and true little mill. 4 axes is

all you need now.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It's true,..in fact almost everything we do is done using only 3 axes,..the 4th "the flip" is a matter of indispensable convenience. The 5th is mostly for marginal strategies, divergent screw holes and of course showing off. Not having wet capabilities is a no go for me personally but that's just me. VIVE LE DIFFERRENCE!!!

Agreed. You only need 5 Axes with large cases with crazy undercuts.

Make sure you have a good CAM along with support. Let them know

exactly what you're expecting so they can change the toolpaths to

what you expect off the mill. Speed vs Quality. Speed is great, but

tends to chip margins etc. Quality may have a longer run time, but

ends up saving you on tool life as well. Many ways to skin the cat.

S

Stan81

Reaction score
We have a VHF, Roland and Weiland Mini. Roland is our workhorse. VHF is great when it actually works (we are on our second machine....the first was a lemon) Weiland has been back and forth for fixes enough times to justify buying another Roland. I agree with Kent on this one. And don't get chintzy on your burs...make sure you check bur life cycle them out regularly. Follow maintenance schedules carefully....ALL of them and it will go a long way towards keeping your machines running clean and minimizing inconsistencies.

Bharath

Bharath

Reaction score
Which one better vhf k4 or roland dwx50

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Great example @cadfan!

It all comes down to the limits of the machine, tooling, and how good

your cutting strategies are. I think if you have a good CAM system

with good tooling, then you should be cutting whatever you want to

cut the way you want to cut it. That's been my experience over the past

years.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Which one better vhf k4 or roland dwx50

That's not the question you should be asking. What types of restorations do you plan

on milling? Then choose the mill that will best suit you.

Bharath

Bharath

Reaction score
That's not the question you should be asking. What types of restorations do you plan

on milling? Then choose the mill that will best suit you.
Basically need a hassle free for zirconia wax and pmma

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
I use the V5 with the 350i and think it is more capable to extend the limits of the 350i than the 4.6 and in my opinion it is better to learn the more advanced cam from the start instead of reaching a point where you want to cut more complex parts but spend time learning basics of a new cam.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I use the V5 with the 350i and think it is more capable to extend the limits of the 350i than the 4.6 and in my opinion it is better to learn the more advanced cam from the start instead of reaching a point where you want to cut more complex parts but spend time learning basics of a new cam.
Any way to use dental softworks?

I can't remember which cam 4.6 is.

Top Bottom