Milling internal screw thread

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
Is it possible to mill a internal screw thread with a coritec 550i.
We are thinking in buying this machine and will need to mill some angulated abutments, will it be possible to mill the internal thread of the screw that holdes the crown?
Thanks

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
You can drill the hole. I'm not sure about the threads. This may need to be done by hand. I'll check and get back to you.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I doubt that it could cut treads... it is usually done for those small diameters at slow speeds with a treadcutter tool...spindle must support reversing and provide enough torque at that speed. Its called rigid tapping in industrial circles. ..

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
That might be more a problem of costruktion in which programm is it possible to construkt that in an abutment ? especially the second part the srew retaind crown.

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
That might be more a problem of costruktion in which programm is it possible to construkt that in an abutment ? especially the second part the srew retaind crown.

The modeling ist not a problem, i could make it in solidworks for exemple.
We were also thinking in doing this by hand if we didnt had other option. We are just afraid since is such a small thread that will be to hard to make it by hand.

C

CAM_R&D

Reaction score
You can use a micro thread mill. These are driven in a helical path around the inside of a pre-drilled hole, far less force is required than for rigid tapping. These are expensive tools and you probably won't find 'native' support for that in the standard dental software, but you could produce the G-code offline easily enough. Personally, from experience, I would go with manual tapping, but you will need to be very careful not to break the tap.

Top Bottom