Milling a removable night guard/NMO

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Is anybody out there designing night guards in 3shape (splint module) and milling in a clear puck ??? I want to start machining some night guards but want to get the some input on this. Any info would be much appreciated ! ;)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
5 axis required for sure, and the right strategy will be needed to mill around some undercuts, I have seen some milled, but when it comes down to the amount of time to mill it, compared to a suck down technique it makes no sense at all. 3D printing might be another option, I have seen some soft/hard printed and they turned out great. Might be better to weight both option and maybe purchase a nice suck down unit instead?

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
5 axis required for sure, and the right strategy will be needed to mill around some undercuts, I have seen some milled, but when it comes down to the amount of time to mill it, compared to a suck down technique it makes no sense at all. 3D printing might be another option, I have seen some soft/hard printed and they turned out great. Might be better to weight both option and maybe purchase a nice suck down unit instead?

What printer is doing the nightguard's ?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Stratasys is one that can do them.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I know I'm a little late to this party.

Milled a splint today - doesn't fit model at all. I expect I need to provide some offset and eliminate undercuts? Any chance you would share your settings? Thanks -

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I know I'm a little late to this party.

Milled a splint today - doesn't fit model at all. I expect I need to provide some offset and eliminate undercuts? Any chance you would share your settings? Thanks -
Too many factors, strategy, die spacer settings, burs. When I mill pmma my margin gap is 0.030 and my extra cement gap is 0.090. I mill all my wax/pmma with sierra razor sharp. Everything drops is very smoothly with no hang ups. On top of all that I run 25 degrees on both a and b axis on my S1 vhf mill. But you should watch for major undercuts in the design as well the mill can only get too some much.

What are you setting and what burs are you cutting pmma with? What mill and cam?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk