MillBox processing time?

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Coming off a Weiland setup, I'm noticing the CAM output processing time from millbox is taking way longer, but I want to know if it's normal within your experience. 10 single unit posteriors and two 3 unit bridges with 2,1,.6, and .3 for occlusion is taking almost 30 minutes to process into an output file for the Roland. Brand new pc build. Intel i7, SSD, RTX 4000 GPU. Does that seem right?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
No, it shouldn't take that long at all. I'd get with your reseller and find out what's going on. I know millbox has upgraded a couple times in the last couple months. Also, id make sure everything is updated on your end as well...bios, windows, graphics. Also, don't forget to backup before you do anything.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Coming off a Weiland setup, I'm noticing the CAM output processing time from millbox is taking way longer, but I want to know if it's normal within your experience. 10 single unit posteriors and two 3 unit bridges with 2,1,.6, and .3 for occlusion is taking almost 30 minutes to process into an output file for the Roland. Brand new pc build. Intel i7, SSD, RTX 4000 GPU. Does that seem right?
Check to see if you have it set to simultaneous multiaxis. Takes way way longer to path that way for a miniscule reduction in mill time for our stuff. Should be a checkbox/switch somewhere to turn it on/off.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
check that your files arent upside down

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
I am wanting to know if you find any solution? im asking myself the same question everyday why mill box is so slow. Using Roland 52dci and Wieland...mini and select. they are way faster. Wieland can mill 2unit while roland is still milling 1. That is my comparison of roland mill very slow. Wieland Cam software, takes 8secs to cam out a single unit...while Roland takes forever.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I am wanting to know if you find any solution? im asking myself the same question everyday why mill box is so slow. Using Roland 52dci and Wieland...mini and select. they are way faster. Wieland can mill 2unit while roland is still milling 1. That is my comparison of roland mill very slow. Wieland Cam software, takes 8secs to cam out a single unit...while Roland takes forever.

From the videos I've watched regarding Millbox, I agree that its calculations take a long time. In 2 of the videos, they started the calculations then after about 10 seconds skipped to the next step while it was still on 18-20 percent of calculating. My friends AG Mikro 5x is slow too, as far as that cam software, but not as slow as Millbox. It's just that the Wieland cam is so much faster and efficient it make some of the others seem that much slower.

For a Bicuspid with 2 sprues, it takes about 6 seconds for the Wieland to calculate. The whole process of that cam is very efficient, it's just hard to beat...from my little knowledge of the other cam software out there.

edit: Maybe it also depends on the version you're using. Didn't they come out with an upgrade towards the end of 2020?

Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
From the videos I've watched regarding Millbox, I agree that its calculations take a long time. In 2 of the videos, they started the calculations then after about 10 seconds skipped to the next step while it was still on 18-20 percent of calculating. My friends AG Mikro 5x is slow too, as far as that cam software, but not as slow as Millbox. It's just that the Wieland cam is so much faster and efficient it make some of the others seem that much slower.

For a Bicuspid with 2 sprues, it takes about 6 seconds for the Wieland to calculate. The whole process of that cam is very efficient, it's just hard to beat...from my little knowledge of the other cam software out there.

edit: Maybe it also depends on the version you're using. Didn't they come out with an upgrade towards the end of 2020?
I check the Millbox company website, there are few updates. Also there is another update coming next month. But not related to this. i will have to check the one i am using. But i don't think the update will make it faster?

Anyway thank you for the reply

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I am using Roland with the older version on Sum3d, and I have the choice to mill with all 4 burrs for more details. I can choose to use 3 or even 2 burrs for less anatomy details. It take 22min with 2 burrs and I think it will take longer with different strategies. One of my machines used CAP strategy that take a bit longer than scheine’s one.I personally do not think 30min is too long including bridges and Pontiacs.

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Yeah I just think Weilands advantage was they designed that software specifically around the select and mini. I’m sure with my own strategies I can eek out a min or two in mill time but the calculations are pathetically slow.

Top Bottom