Medit Scanner 3 axis arm

J

John C

Reaction score
Anyone on here scanning impressions with Medit and 3 axis impression scanning arm. I'm thinking of adding this 3 axis arm and want to know how well it works. Would like to scan impressions and print models. Any input appreciated.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The scanning arm only works with the Hybrid as it's powered from the base, it is a standard accessory I believe. Scanning impressions works as long as both cameras are seeing the part you want to scan, if something is too deep/narrow or into an undercut you'll have difficulty scanning it.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
The scanning arm only works with the Hybrid as it's powered from the base, it is a standard accessory I believe. Scanning impressions works as long as both cameras are seeing the part you want to scan, if something is too deep/narrow or into an undercut you'll have difficulty scanning it.
The scanning arm is included with the Hybrid but it also works with the Blue and Light models that have the power contacts on the scan arm so it is available as an options on those models.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
If you have enough clients that take good impressions It can be worth it.... I have a Hybrid with the 3 axis arm and it does work well and accurately with decent triple tray impressions. You may have to add a couple of manual scans in the some of the tricky areas but it does a pretty good job! If you have a printer it will definitely save you some time. If you don't you can always scan and design first and then pour some solid check models when it's more convenient.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Glenn, so it is possible to use flexible multi die on identica light ??
Yes, it is an option you can add to the Light or the Blue. Your reseller can provide you with a quote if you would like to add it.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Glenn, my Light did not come with an impression jig as the chart said it does. Is that a mistake? Or should I have received one with my scanner.
Hi John,

Please check to see if you received the impression jig as shown in the image. If you do not have it please contact me.

The impression jig is not the same as the 3 axis arm. With the impression jig you clip the impression into place and manually flip it to scan the underside. The 3 axis arm is motorized so it can move the impression during scanning and automatically flip the impression to scan the top and bottom.

Here is a picture to show what each accessory looks like:
Impression options.png

-Glenn

J

John C

Reaction score
If you have enough clients that take good impressions It can be worth it.... I have a Hybrid with the 3 axis arm and it does work well and accurately with decent triple tray impressions. You may have to add a couple of manual scans in the some of the tricky areas but it does a pretty good job! If you have a printer it will definitely save you some time. If you don't you can always scan and design first and then pour some solid check models when it's more convenient.
Most impressions are pretty good. One account places margins about .5mm to 1mm supra gingival. I think those would be great candidates for an impression scan.

PavlosPamborides

PavlosPamborides

Reaction score
Thinking about productivity and faster turnaround times: is it a good idea to scan the impressions and move on with designing and milling before making models? Is this something that can be done with all kinds of jobs and impressions? Does it work with full arch impression and bites?
I also like the idea of scanning implant analogues on the impression!

J

John C

Reaction score
Thinking about productivity and faster turnaround times: is it a good idea to scan the impressions and move on with designing and milling before making models? Is this something that can be done with all kinds of jobs and impressions? Does it work with full arch impression and bites?
I also like the idea of scanning implant analogues on the impression!
In theory it sounds great. In reality im not sure it is possible to implement to a high enough percentage of cases to make it worth while.