Material files in Exo-cad

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
How hard is it to create custom material files in exo-cad? Such as an emax posterior, anterior,or pfm frame ect. Different fit and minimum thicknesses ect to avoid having such lengthy artistic case logins.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
You could copy your existing material xml before playing around with the software.

Always go back to previous settings.

There is the ability to add new materials. I think it is not so easy myself.
You can end up with some conflicting parameters, or at least I ended up "breaking" a certian material option once.
Something I had was not needed, or I defined an impossible situation, or something?

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
What I am looking to do is have some of the parameters set by material not just doctors preferences. We also have lava(dwos) and this is simple and fast to set up. I hate reprocessing due to foolish mistakes such as missed minimum thicknesses inappropriate margin thickness wrong occlusal and proximal contacts and the like. Seems a little ridiculous that there is not a fast easy way to get this done. I think I will have to create multiple files for each dr. so I can make material specific choices. PITA:)

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
You can change settings and materials all you want.
The tools exist so your setting adjust auto to the situation and material.
Endless options for fine-tuning with the aim of idiots scanning and designing without having to think. Right? LOL

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Unfortunately some techs aren't as tuned in as others. Stupid mistakes annoy me to no end.