Loose screw retained implant crown

J

JamiennBenet

Reaction score
Particularly during early stages of abutment screw loosening. There is a limit to how high the crown can be raised. The entire body of the implant fixture should be intact, eliminating the possibility of an implant fracture.

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Alaways use lab screw
Always send a virgin screw with your implant cases. We techs tend to stretch the threads taking an abutment on and off in the lab as much as we do. Hence, why so many implant companies have gone to try-

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Consider these causes:
  1. If you were using "Copy cat's made design" for abutment it may be inaccurate and screw or screw "nest" can be too loose.
  2. You "sold" crown with an old weared off screw.
  3. It was milled metal abutment on which you made PFM (porcelain fused to metal crown) and after few burns in oven you removed oxide layer from its connection - again it gets sh*ty and innacurate.
  4. Crown is low heigth like a button and patient has problem with occlusion, rotational loads on surface unscrew it ( I think its one of the biggest problems on screw retained restorations - what is screwed will unscrew one day :) )
Bruxist? Unrestored occlusion? For example such a system as Dentsply Ankylos with connical connection "cold welds" then it is screwed with full power and it causes other problem - it was super hard to unscrew it :)

S

seongjini

Reaction score
thanks for 30 minute rule tip.
How about pre freezing screws? it will expand in patient's mouth's temp. making it very TIGHT!!;) (if you know what I mean)

However, I do not think these tips will not help. since most screw loosening happens from contact & bites.