Lolipot for crucibles

user name

user name

Reaction score
Anyone using 'Lolipot' ? I sprayed it on a clay crucible and baked it per instructions, but it just wipes off. I also heated it with a torch to a nice pink; still wipes off. I thought it was going to glass-over like borax. Easy answer: dont touch it and it wont wipe off.

Any thoughts on the stuff?

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
I use it with new crucibles for CoCr alloys, pour in,swirl,pour out. The spray nozzle gets clogged very quickly and IMO is a waste of time. Then the crucible is pre-warmed before casting. It helps to keep the crucible from acquiring a build up of slag/residue. The rub-off is nothing to worry about. Don't finger it, leave alone. It works but I'm not certain how much benefit there is. Maybe someone else will have an answer.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Kungfooshus say "man who carries clean crucible carries no slag!"

N

Ncm

Reaction score
Works great

I have been using the Lolipot on our crucibles for about 2 years now , it works great. There is very little slag, and our crucibles last twice as long also. In my opinion its a great material to cote new crucibles with.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Go on the internet, find ziconia crucibles (you may have to modify your cradle) and use an argon shield. Crucibles look new for so long you have to arite a date on them to know when they need replacement.