Leathery texture on Trios scans

A2WILLDO

A2WILLDO

Reaction score
I'm getting a bad leathery texture around preps from an office using a Trios scanner. Its basically the area that it does the higher detailed scan, which I know was an issue in the past. Is it just saliva that's building up by the time they get to that scan or a scanner or software issue again?

Not sure if I can post a picture?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Although not a great scan, the difference in the two areas is the result of how the scanner treats them. Those are two separate scans that are stitched together and the primary scan has more smoothing and less detail. Secondary may be more reflection but you could tell that if you get the ply file.

A2WILLDO

A2WILLDO

Reaction score
How about Traxodent? They use it on every case and I also questioned if that could be causing a reflective effect.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It looks like low resolution which could be from the " scan only" selection.
also what about a colour scan?

A2WILLDO

A2WILLDO

Reaction score
It looks like low resolution which could be from the " scan only" selection.
also what about a colour scan?
It is still visible in the color scan and looks more wet than anything. I'm thinking they are having the Pt. close after scanning the arch; then indicating the prep and having them open to do the detailed prep scan without re-rinsing or drying.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It is still visible in the color scan and looks more wet than anything. I'm thinking they are having the Pt. close after scanning the arch; then indicating the prep and having them open to do the detailed prep scan without re-rinsing or drying.
I would stand chairside and observe the workflow.