Lava Ultimate

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Let's look at the system as a whole for a minute: with dental ceramics if there is a chip, crack, fracture, it's almost always a catastrophic failure especially on large cases. More often than not the entire case has to be redone as these cases are unserviceable, unrepairable, and often unretrievable. When you get into a fender-bender are you forced to go out and buy a new car? Yet here we are in dentistry doing the same thing for 50 years and patting ourselves on the back for providing restorations that are unserviceable, unrepairable, and unretrievable. Would this be acceptable in the engineering world?

Rick
"The World in 2030" by Dr. Michio Kaku - YouTube

if cars had advanced as quickly as electronics, cars would cost $5

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Jackson is always looking for an angle to promote/market.

I have always thought of you like a nascar team owner selling ad space.

I've been a big advocate of resin for a long, long time. I have a milled Z100 in my mouth that I have had for years and still looks as good as the day it was delivered. I'm repairing a bunch of worn out gold work, and beat up amalgams, and I chose a new resin for my molars. I'll be able to get some first hand experience in a real world (and abusive) situation.

As you know, these materials offer some significant advantages over ceramics and I don't like being in the chair myself. If I can find a better solution, I'll use it, and I'm sold on the NBT resins.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I bet you chew right through it Mark, throw some Bruxzir in there :)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I just hope it's more successful than the electric car.

Just think where the electric car would be if it had been in use and constant development as long as the combustion engine car;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Not afraid to. Looking like emax 6-11, Prizmatik on the bi's and resin on the molars.

Honestly, why not Bruxzir on your posteriors?

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Right now i have very serious problem milling Ultimate with Roland DWX50/Sum3D. After roughing the basal side,the burr broke my inlay.....I think i have to contact Gianmarco for support.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Can I see the CAM?
I am no Luigi, or Gianmarco....but maybe I can help.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Right now i have very serious problem milling Ultimate with Roland DWX50/Sum3D. After roughing the basal side,the burr broke my inlay.....I think i have to contact Gianmarco for support.

We have been milling experimental resins for a couple years now, and we have not had good luck milling them dry. It's the main reason I bought an MCXL.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Does 3M recommend milling Ultimate on Rolands? Its their material, they know how it should be milled. Even if your tool dont break and your restoration looks ok, it is not recommended to milll resins with normal cutting tools. You should use Poly Crystalline Diamond (PCD) tools to mill resins including PMMA when milling dry. Ultimate is meant for permanent restorations and milling with normal tools in dry conditions would damage the properties of the material. You should follow the material manufacturers instructions.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We have been milling experimental resins for a couple years now, and we have not had good luck milling them dry. It's the main reason I bought an MCXL.

That and Cerec Connect right ?

3ShapeTrios

Reaction score
Does 3M recommend milling Ultimate on Rolands? Its their material, they know how it should be milled. Even if your tool dont break and your restoration looks ok, it is not recommended to milll resins with normal cutting tools. You should use Poly Crystalline Diamond (PCD) tools to mill resins including PMMA when milling dry. Ultimate is meant for permanent restorations and milling with normal tools in dry conditions would damage the properties of the matterial. You should follow he material manufacturers instructions.
Pretty sure 3M wouldn't recommend milling the ultimate on anything other then their 3M Mill/Jensen VHF..which are both dry, so I think it's safe to say that it's made to be milled dry.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Pretty sure 3M wouldn't recommend milling the ultimate on anything other then their 3M Mill/Jensen VHF..which are both dry, so I think it's safe to say that it's made to be milled dry.

That would seem logical, but few things they do lately seem that way. How efficient will tooling strategy be?

V

VTDave

Reaction score
What is it made out of? The online MSDS says nothing:
Ingredient - CURED DENTAL RESTORATIVE C.A.S. No. - None % by Wt- 100

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

No, you are wrong about that.

Cerec and e4d are wet....Both approved for milling....also Straumann is wet milling.

Of couse plastic is better milled wet. Even 3M says this is the best method for the Ultimate.

Over and over to me. You can mill it dry, but you have to go very sloooow.

It is made to be wet-milled. 100% sure about it!

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Exactly how many wet-mills are on the market right now?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
No, you are wrong about that.

Cerec and e4d are wet....Both approved for milling....also Straumann is wet milling.

Of couse plastic is better milled wet. Even 3M says this is the best method for the Ultimate.

Over and over to me. You can mill it dry, but you have to go very sloooow.

It is made to be wet-milled. 100% sure about it!

Scott,

What is the Italian word for dry? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Just think where the electric car would be if it had been in use and constant development as long as the combustion engine car;)

It has :
[video=youtube_share;qIxn68IHCU4]http://youtu.be/qIxn68IHCU4[/video]

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
It has :
[video=youtube_share;qIxn68IHCU4]http://youtu.be/qIxn68IHCU4[/video]

The electric car pre dated the combustion engine. Heavy battery laden vehicles often sank in the muddy roads and mileage was a growing problem. Henry jumped in like Jim with Bruxzir and pretty much F'ed up the future of the vehicle lol

Top Bottom