Labeling cases on disposable articulators

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Anyone do anything unique to label your cases and make it easier to return the correct model to the corresponding articulator? We just purchased the Monotrac system, and the instructions show marking a color coding line on both the model and articulator.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We use the artimax system, the only thing we do is write the last two digits of the case ID number on both the model and the opposing. As long as the right number is written on the stone you shouldn't have any issues. Now we don't do more then 100 cases a day, but you you push over 100 cases then maybe a three digit number would be better so that case ID 7255 doesn't overlap 7355.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I write the name on the articulator and all the segments with a fine point sharpie. They have to be fairly dry or it messes up the sharpie.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We write the patient name, case pan number and shade on the plastic sides of our Artimax. Labnet used to support a label system that was really nice, not anymore. I hope when I switch to Evident they can make it work so we can go back to the labels. They are water-proof and look so much neater.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
tis simple. mark the model and articulator with a sharpie, using the patient's name. this assumes you make smooth faces on the sides of your models though, so if that is not the case then marking a recognizeable squiggle will be all you need. like a triangle shape, or something else that you can use to line up the marks on the plastic with the marks on the stone.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Cbite has Doctor/Patient labels available for convenience and appearance to use with the cbite articulators.

When doing a large batch of cases we color code each die and specific location on the articulator tray with a different color...this allows us to quickly and easily return the dies to proper location.

Here is picture to illustrate what we do so you get the idea.

Cbitepatientlabel_zps62073594.jpg

M

martintay

Reaction score
Mick I won`t put up with "Quadrant Crap" -must be getting grumpy ?

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Never mark them at all. Never had a problem. They must be put back on the same side they were poured or they will not seat properly.
Small lab though. If i got any larger i would use ticket number with a thin sharpie.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Never mark them at all. Never had a problem. They must be put back on the same side they were poured or they will not seat properly.
Small lab though. If i got any larger i would use ticket number with a thin sharpie.

Bumfrey,

You are right...for most 1-2 unit cases in a small lab color coding is not needed. When you have a case with many dies it can be helpful for faster relocation...or if you are a large lab that takes all the dies out of all the cases at the same time for mass die trimming, then color coding can be really helpful.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Nothing beats the pan number and patients name written with a fine sharpe. Having great penmanship helps too. If you want to go the extra mile you can visit an art store and get some fancy fine markers.

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
I have used a clear tape label maker on both Artimax clear artculators and even on stone models. It gives you about 3 lines of info. Very clean and neat.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Mick, Good evening. What is it exactly that you don't like about them?
Here's the thing! I didn't say they were crap! I wasn't referring to your product! I said I hate those things! So when you've apologised I will reply! By the way if I had a pound/dollar for ever time I've heard this is the perfect/best I'd be a rich man! But not rich if I bought all these products! Also the last time I checked we have free speech in this country!

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
Please Tell me more about color coding method...how The big labs organize The works...Thanks

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Here's the thing! I didn't say they were crap! I wasn't referring to your product! I said I hate those things! So when you've apologised I will reply! By the way if I had a pound/dollar for ever time I've heard this is the perfect/best I'd be a rich man! But not rich if I bought all these products! Also the last time I checked we have free speech in this country!

cheadlemick,

Good afternoon, I am a little confused about your reply. I simply asked a question.

"What is it exactly that you don't like about them?"

I am not sure what I am supposed to apologize about?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Please Tell me more about color coding method...how The big labs organize The works...Thanks
They just have color coded lab slips. Everything gets logged, and based on the due date, a corresponding color is slightly shaded on the lab slip. At least this is how it is at Glidwell. The lab slips are just giant stickers, and on the side is about 10 little stickers with the pan number/patient name/ and barcode. So all the little tid bits that make up the case all get a little sticker so nothing gets lost.. And every day, twice a day, a scheduler comes around the lab and scans the barcode on all the cases, so they know where in production the cases are if they need to find them. And even the employees scan their own cases at glidwell so they get paid for them.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Some tit sent me an e-mail saying that! But to be honest I can't be arsed! Here's a thing, the human jaw is hinged on two sides ! Now there's a thing!

Top Bottom