IT'S FRIDAY!! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
After 6 weeks straight without a day off, tonight I'm going out for a beer Beer in......1 hour and 45 mins to be exact.

Then tomorrow, it's back in the lab.

Enjoy your weekend fellow techs.;)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm sitting on a screened porch catching a cool tropical breeze appreciating the fact we just missed a severe thrashing and life interruption.
And I just scored some ice. Got cold beer. Now I'm certain the sun will come up in East and all will be right again.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Do you have electricity or running a backup genny ?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I have a generator, but I grabbed the wrong cable for it and the right one is locked in a storage unit that I can't access because we have no electricity.Banghead
It's too bad we don't have a dumbass emoji.
So I can run it with a daisy chain of extension cords, but prefer to back feed through the dryer outlet and use the breaker box to power what I need.
A friend told me the utilities department expects to have power restored this evening so I am going to wait until the morning. Did I mention I have ice?;)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So I can run it with a daisy chain of extension cords, but prefer to back feed through the dryer outlet and use the breaker box to power what I need.
Last time we had a power outage I made up a cable from two heavy duty ext cords (two male ends)...ran it into the microwave plug (20A breaker) and had half of the house powered. Then used various ext cords to power the freezers and other important stuff...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Last time we had a power outage I made up a cable from two heavy duty ext cords (two male ends)...ran it into the microwave plug (20A breaker) and had half of the house powered. Then used various ext cords to power the freezers and other important stuff...
I knew you would understand.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Geese I do that on the weekends at the lake.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

At least until electricity is restored. It's kind of like unexpected camping or vagrancy. Ok, maybe not??

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
9 months from now there will be a population boom .

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I've got a generator that I can run into a 220 dryer outlet and feed my panel backwards with the main shutoff. I can't run the whole house but I can alternate things and keep the freezer and fridge running and heating system if it's cold.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I've got a generator that I can run into a 220 dryer outlet and feed my panel backwards with the main shutoff. I can't run the whole house but I can alternate things and keep the freezer and fridge running and heating system if it's cold.
My back door opens onto the deck.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My house has too many stairs:D

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
My first month of retirement is getting caught up on deferred maintenance on the old family lake home: trying to get the old exterior rigid foam insulation torn off & replaced on the basement walls and covered with coil-trim before winter hits at the lake house-northern Minnesota. This morning had snow flurries.
Have also enjoyed beautiful sunrises, and watching the snapping turtles hatch image.jpeg sunrise.jpeg turtle.jpeg

D

dborla01

Reaction score
'Headed to National Denturist Conference in Las Vegas....should be interesting.

Top Bottom