IT'S FRIDAY!! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting getting into competition, because that can get expensive. I do have a custom rifle that I hunt deer with and feel very confident to taking deer out at 400+ yards where the average shooters have a much less of a chance of taking an ethical shot than I do. I've also got a lot invested into the rifle. The gun alone was $2400 USD, plus $1000 Kahles scope. I have taken my time at the range and really tuned in my rifle. Lots of time on the range and at the bench experimenting with what my gun likes as far as ammunition. I can shoot a 5 shot group with it in a dime sized hole at 100 yards, but that's a lot of time and practice and patience. That's what I enjoy, getting that satisfaction of knowing how well my gun shoots at long ranges and give me more confidence at taking an ethical shot at longer ranges. Wish I had my pictures, but they're on my old phone. I'd love to show you the gun and some of the targets I've shot with it.

You can always get a cheap gun and learn to gunsmith yourself. Learn the whole process and get the satisfaction that you did it yourself and actually learned something at the same time.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
The gunsmith is known for his lighweight guns. I have a 7mm Remington Magnum. Mine is black on black on black. Everything is black and it looks amazing. It also has a custom break on the end that he made as well. I'd let my 10 yr old niece shoot it! It has NO kick, but she has to wear ear protection because the CRACK of it is so loud, it's not a BOOM, it's a CRACK-the worst of the two. I pointed out what I really like about what he's done with his rifles.

1. He shaves down the action to cut weight.
2. He cuts more weight by drilling holes in the bolt and even hollows out the end of the bolt handle.
3. He cuts more weight out of the trigger guard. I think it actually is more for cosmetics to keep with the look of the bolt.
4. He flutes the bolt.

Plus he has a lightweight barrel on it. All decked out with my scope, it weighs 7 lbs. 4 oz. Which is really sick light for a magnum round.

Plus, it really does shoot just like the picture says it does!!

GallagherRifle.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Then he shots single clover shaped bullets to get that pattern on the paper...:D:D:D

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
theres a new broadhead arrow, clover shaped. supposedly makes for less tracking once a shot on target it made, due to more bleeding and greater oxygen deprivation.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Going to the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia for the weekend!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
At a rate Friday extended family wedding drinking bad beer and soon to make a fool of myself to bad cheesy 80s music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
No major plans yet. I'm taking the gf to breakfast tomorrow and that's it so far.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Launching the boat at the lake this weekend....finally.

Evening troll for pickeral tomorrow night.
F3390D5D-EE9A-4449-9E21-D464DCE2DEFE-14286-0000342AE8416972_zps1d50ffb8.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
..have to brag.. going to see the Great One, Wayne Gretzky skate at our rink tonight! Along with brett hull, brendan morrow, guy carbonneau, .. and tyler johnson from the lightning.. then we have our friday night skate after the game.. Its going to be one to remember.. so excited!
http://www.frontiericearena.org/HOCKEYFEST.html

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Soccer tonight, date with a hottie at the beach Saturday, then watching my team win the World Cup on Sunday... oh yeah.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
We expect pics devon!

Respect.. because I know youve had that deutsch fussballbund avatar for some time. Too bad they couldnt have won it in germany a few years ago, maybe they wouldve burnt the whole place down! haha

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
He thinks he'll score as easily as they did against Brazil:D

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
ha! 7-1 isnt a bad ratio..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yes but there's no noogie before the big game.;)

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Friday night / relaxing. Saturday am. morning workout, home town parade / celebration, and 35th class reunion.
Sunday, golf outing. 3 more weeks, Sturgis boundCiao

Top Bottom