Injection Stone that can take high heat

I

image dental

Reaction score
I need help, my lab has the new cad design center with the 3d printer. The parts we make burn out at 1375 F. I need a stone that can take tempatures upto 1400 F but still strong enough to inject accetal resign after burnout

Any suggestion on how to find an injection stone that can take 1400 F and be strong enough to inject?

I'd really appreciate any help

thanks

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
You may try crown and bridge investment. It may be able to handle the stress. The only problem would be the cost for that much investment. You could carefully invest the pattern in regular stone in such a way (in two part flask) that you could brake the pattern piece by piece out of the stone. Make sure when you create your pattern you enlarge it by 1% the acetal will shrink when injected.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Cera Fina investment is pretty soft as far as C+B investments that I have used.

neila

neila

Reaction score
Wondering why you need to burn out the print? If you are injecting acetyl resin boil out and material softens enough to lift it out clean. We had no issues doing that. I might be off the mark here, sorry if i misunderstood the question:D

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I take it Vest-All from Matech did not work?

Do you guys know of a rediculously hard investment? (Phosphate)

I doubt you will get the 3D material to burnout with anything Gypsum based, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think you need more heat than the gypsum can handle.

I

image dental

Reaction score
Scott,

I tried the Vest All, the burnout worked but it could not talk an injection.
If a stone or plaster existed that would take 1400 F in temp. my like would be a lot better... maybe even 1100 F or 1200 F, I would just have to do the burnout longer...

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
Try invest with stone but be carful to invest it so its not locked in boil it will soften and you can pick it out. That is going to be the best I don't think you are going to find an investment or a stone that is going to work.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
my votes for bellavest sh