injection on implant cases

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone or does anyone have any previous experience injecting on implant cases? I have always gone back to packing over dentures fearing that copings will be displaced if injected... has anyone had any luck injecting on ball or locators without any problems, is there possibly a trick or 2 that could be shared to avoid failure. I have used injection on fixed all on 4 acrylic bridges but never on over dentures. We have success and bps, if this helps. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
sounds like John Wilson will be stepping up to the plate soon.. Im interested in this too but Ive never had to yet..

What are you injecting with? Ivocap, ivobase?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I am with Danny never had an attachment float. We also block out the space under the attachment and around analogs with plaster so this may help, I know some use high durometer putty but I like to use a #8 brush and dip in plaster and water .

We are still old school in my lab have not accepted the Ivobase product yet ( really just have not invested) but Ivocap has made processing in my lab tech to tech so consistent I can't imagine anything better . We love it

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
sounds like John Wilson will be stepping up to the plate soon.. Im interested in this too but Ive never had to yet..

What are you injecting with? Ivocap, ivobase?
We are using ivocap... we have a success injection unit also
I have always been cautious about injecting fearing displacing attachments... it would be a costly mistake.
I usually block out in stone around the analog and slightly overlap the attachment ( about 1/2mm) to prevent anything packing under

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We have done many with ivocap but we insure success by pacing abutment analogs on the case and screws to hold and then we inject soft tissue silicone in the screw holes.
It guarantees everything stays in place and we still have the original model. Screws and analogs are easy to recover. Invest in stone lab putty the teeth.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I'll give the next one that comes through the bps treatment I think

J

jkelm91

Reaction score
We do the same as KTR. We inject with the ivobase system. We screw down and fill the holes with either a silicone based material, or lately we've used plumbers tape which has worked wonders.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I was told that anything implant/attachment related needed to be injected to ensure accuracy of placement.

P

Perla

Reaction score
with Biosens you can attach implant/attachment in place after injection moulding passively just with cold cure acrylics

Top Bottom