Injection Molding - DFW

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
Converging is very good do you make a loop or just two/three dimples. I have been really liking a dovetail approach with an inverted cone. What tin foil sub do you use?
Again-- real world... As long as teeth have enough meat two angled against one another (one on lats) but never straight in. Drop bur size if needed. Works for me. I know you use puddy around your teeth-- not sure how that reacts with tinfoil sub so I'd rather not comment and give you bum info.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Again-- real world... As long as teeth have enough meat two angled against one another (one on lats) but never straight in. Drop bur size if needed. Works for me. I know you use puddy around your teeth-- not sure how that reacts with tinfoil sub so I'd rather not comment and give you bum info.
I was actually wondering you use the DVA separator.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
You're right, but if everything is correct AND you inject, you have a superior product.
That is my hope. I don't care about superiority over my competitors as far as denture base goes, I feel that I have the edge in my market and put out a high quality product. All I really care about is that the patient is getting the best possible prosthetic I can provide, and if I can go to an injected denture and the patient is much better off, then that's what I'm going to do (eventually as finances allow). I was just making the argument that denture base isn't the only thing to consider, especially if the OP is a patient, and got some info on the fly about injection based dentures because a guy at church/rotary club/work etc has some and they are the best that's ever been made.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
That is my hope. I don't care about superiority over my competitors as far as denture base goes, I feel that I have the edge in my market and put out a high quality product. All I really care about is that the patient is getting the best possible prosthetic I can provide, and if I can go to an injected denture and the patient is much better off, then that's what I'm going to do (eventually as finances allow). I was just making the argument that denture base isn't the only thing to consider, especially if the OP is a patient, and got some info on the fly about injection based dentures because a guy at church/rotary club/work etc has some and they are the best that's ever been made.
I agree totally, denture base is just part of the prosthesis ultimately it is all about tooth placement and occlusion.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
A single tooth "popping off" Is absolutely unnacceptable over here. One. Uno. NOT HAPPENING. If it does-- there will be a full on inquest.
I've never had a tooth pop off of a denture...I clean the teeth and before processing they are painted with Palabond. No diatorics needed. There isn't a tooth that leaves this lab that doesn't have Palabond on it, even on one tooth flippers.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Well im going home for the day ill be back Tuesday if I don't check over the weekend.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
I've never had a tooth pop off of a denture...I clean the teeth and before processing they are painted with Palabond. No diatorics needed. There isn't a tooth that leaves this lab that doesn't have Palabond on it, even on one tooth flippers.
Same thing with Vitacol.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Yup, us too, we're off till Tuesday....YAY!

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Having pressed pack before for years, no issues. With Ivocap, no issues.
Now with past years working with the injection system, I would not go back to press packing.
I will admit, with my standards of quality, of fabricating a functional, aesthetic prosthesis that there
was a learning curve with the Ivobase unit. As a small lab (2 techs),we utilize 7 Ivobase units with 18 flask.
90% of all characterized ( tissue tint) prosthesis. Others, same material, not tinted due to acrylic partials, etc.
Yes, the machines are a bit expensive, I consider them to be an extra employee. Being small with the amount of volume / cases.
We can invest up to 18 at a time without knocking them out and reinvesting. Time saving! The
units being digitally programmed allows each case to be consistent, time after time. Not only that, no mixing of
polymer / monomer with hands, and trial packing in and out of the press at minimum 3 times, etc. And I
almost forgot, the monomer smell. More time saving! There is shrinkage factors of the press compared
to injection, plus the monomer content. Is that going to effect the fit? Maybe under a microscope.
Yes, the appliance is only going to fit as good as the impression. Your going to have more problems with any
system if you do not know how to properly read an impression, or properly trim the base according to his/her impression.
You all have a great Holiday Weekend!

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Having pressed pack before for years, no issues. With Ivocap, no issues.
Now with past years working with the injection system, I would not go back to press packing.
I will admit, with my standards of quality, of fabricating a functional, aesthetic prosthesis that there
was a learning curve with the Ivobase unit. As a small lab (2 techs),we utilize 7 Ivobase units with 18 flask.
90% of all characterized ( tissue tint) prosthesis. Others, same material, not tinted due to acrylic partials, etc.
Yes, the machines are a bit expensive, I consider them to be an extra employee. Being small with the amount of volume / cases.
We can invest up to 18 at a time without knocking them out and reinvesting. Time saving! The
units being digitally programmed allows each case to be consistent, time after time. Not only that, no mixing of
polymer / monomer with hands, and trial packing in and out of the press at minimum 3 times, etc. And I
almost forgot, the monomer smell. More time saving! There is shrinkage factors of the press compared
to injection, plus the monomer content. Is that going to effect the fit? Maybe under a microscope.
Yes, the appliance is only going to fit as good as the impression. Your going to have more problems with any
system if you do not know how to properly read an impression, or properly trim the base according to his/her impression.
You all have a great Holiday Weekend!
Just so you know, when I get closer to possibly buying one, I've already planned on picking your brain on these things :)

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
It is not perceived. I have had 6 teeth pop off, and 0 fractures of my dentures since I have switched to ivobase last year. I can see where you would be resistant I kind of wish I had more repairs coming in, but it gives me more time to do my best on my dentures.

Last year we switched over to Keystone's acrylic (Diamond D for our premium, sledge hammer for our economy) since then we have processed more then 1200 dentures.

Have had 0 teeth pop off, 0 diamond d fractures, and 2 fractures with the sledgehammer. Both of them happened in the lab and was immediate cases that the finisher (me) applied a little to much torque removing the model.

This is not an attempt to knock the ivobase in anyway, but again to show that IMO most of the benefits that the doctor/patients think they are getting from an injected dentures is just perception.

IMO the benefits the ivobase offers that I'm interested are as follows in no certain order:

1. Perception - obviously I mentioned it above but the doctors/patient perceive it as better so I can charge more :)

2. Material handling - I like the idea of having capsules to eliminate the mixing of powder/monomer. Less human interaction the better, health benefits and consistency benefits

3. Less technique sensitive - I feel it would be easier to train someone to process using the ivobase then to train a tech to accurately press pack.

4. Rush cases - I still don't believe the ivobase to be overall more productive the press packing but I would like to have it for certain rush situations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Does the fiber still ball up in the pressed stuff ?

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Does the fiber still ball up in the pressed stuff ?

Not if you know what your doing, if you don't follow proper steps and pay attention to what your doing then yes it will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk