ingot selection

K

kmart

Reaction score
I have a #9 emax to do. The final shade is 2M1 incisal 1/2 and 2M2 gingival 1\2. Stump shade is ND 8 gingival 1/3 and ND 2 incisal 2/3. I have about 8 tenths on the ginval. Maybe 1 mm if I bulk it out a bit. What ingot should I pick? Doc wants monolithic if possible. I was thinking V2 but would that block out the dark stump area? Thanks in advance

E

Elab

Reaction score
For monolithic I would apply extra rubber sep to the facial before wax up. Use a V1 ingot and opaque the inside with Jensen's 800c (Astethic I think) A2 opaque.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I would use a MO1 and layer it. The darkness might get you with a value ingot.(or not?) I personally would layer an MO so could sleep well at night. 2m2 is basically A2 and 2m1 is C1/A1'ish. Don't get burned with the regular TI insicals. Make sure to use some OE3 and OE2 to keep the value up.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
I would use a MO1 and layer it. The darkness might get you with a value ingot.(or not?) I personally would layer an MO so could sleep well at night. 2m2 is basically A2 and 2m1 is C1/A1'ish. Don't get burned with the regular TI insicals. Make sure to use some OE3 and OE2 to keep the value up.
+1

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The value ingots are great, if a value ingot doesn't work out and that ND8 comes through too dark, try an LT BL3.
Good luck, let us know what you used and how it worked out.